Working on my new home.

I am going to move in the coming months. Because I want a bit more space for my hobbies. I build and design quadcopters and fly them. But now I have only a living room and kitchen as room, a bad room and one bedroom.
The new home has a separate and bigger kitchen, 2 bed rooms and a living room.
So I can use one room to place my 3D printer and pc with all the quadcopter stuf in it.
But it will take a 2 or 3 months to finish the new home.
The previous people who lived in the home, made a terrible mess and distroyed a lot. So we place a new kitchen, a new floor and all walls need to be done.
I start paying rent as soon as I am moved in. So now I don't make many costs other than paint and wallpaper.

I talked with the one that rents it to me, and I will work still a few days a week on my recumbent trike as the steel comes this coming week. So I can have my home and trike ready before the summer. Only it will probably not a trike holiday as I planned, because I will buy a lot of new things. But I am planning to do some day trips and maybe a trip of 2 or 3 days.

Hi Emiel

I know how you feel when the work space isn't what you really need.
I feel fortunate that I do have the space, to have a larger build area. A luxury many folks don't have.

My current work shed space has run out. It's open air ventilation, so there is a lot of dust and sand, due to the winds that come virtually every day.
My new shop is being built this coming Monday. This one will be better enclosed, so the sand and dust will be virtually gone.

Good luck in your new home

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Good luck with your move and other projects , we fly R/C fixed wing model aircraft as well as trike building , currently we are sorting out my late mothers house and our little bungalow is overcrowded so not a lot of either hobby taking place .
Still I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel .
regards emma

Last edited:
Thank you.
I have now, almost no space to work on my trike, but in my new home, I have more space and can I work under a roof.
I have no shed like you do, but I normally work on small things like quadcopters.
I wish I had the space that you have. Than I would build a lot more things.
For my quadcopters and pc, the new home is perfect and I have a lot more space for just a bit more money.
I was thinking of renting a garage box, but that is now not needed and with the weather getting better, it's no problem ad all.

Hi Emma,
I know that it takes 2 or 3 months and that after that I am all ready and have time again for other tings. Luckily I don't have to do it fast and can I still work on my trike.
He wants the home to look good and everything fixed before I go in and I may take my time to do my part in it.
But flying and working on my quadcopters will happen after it again.
Than I take my trike to go to some nice places to fly.

Only it will probably not a trike holiday as I planned, because I will buy a lot of new things. But I am planning to do some day trips and maybe a trip of 2 or 3 days.
Good luck with the move.

What country do you live in ? where was the planned trike holiday to be ? camping ?

regards Paul

Hi Paul,
I lif in the Netherlands and I wanted to make a cimular trike trip as Tim's trike trips did in the Netherlands.
Want first practice before I go to other countries and my country is for bikes, the best to start.
Tim trike trips on YouTube. He went around my country and I liked the route he did.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Hi Emma,
I know that it takes 2 or 3 months and that after that I am all ready and have time again for other tings. Luckily I don't have to do it fast and can I still work on my trike.
He wants the home to look good and everything fixed before I go in and I may take my time to do my part in it.
But flying and working on my quadcopters will happen after it again.
Than I take my trike to go to some nice places to fly.
We use the trikes to go flying as its 20 mile round trip by car or 3 by trike across the farm tracks .
Taken us 6 months to clear mums punctuated by a few little trike upgrades ( 3 new seats and 2 pairs of 203mm disc brake conversions , It was lucky we did it at the start of January as we have no room to move with everything back here at my little bungalow .Once the middle of March is here we aim to go caravanning with the trikes .

Regards emma

Hi Emma,
I have no car, but I can use the car of the shop as I need it.
So my trike will be for longer distances and my normal bike for in the city.
I life a 15 minit walk of the center and as I move, only 10 minits and a supermarket is on the corner of my street. So I don't really need a car and that is why I sold my car.

6 months is long. I hope and think max 3 months and hope 2 months. I have help and can get more if needed.

I haven't build my trike yet and I am already looking ad upgrades for the future like electric motor, more mounting for bags and a radio.

Hi Paul,
I lif in the Netherlands and I wanted to make a cimular trike trip as Tim's trike trips did in the Netherlands.
Want first practice before I go to other countries and my country is for bikes, the best to start.
Tim trike trips on YouTube. He went around my country and I liked the route he did.
Emiel

Found his web site very interesting :- https://timstriketrips.com/

I have been to Holland trike camping with home made trike and a trailer 4 times so far and hope to go again this year.

from Zeebrugge

We only managed about 770 km when we went last year so I know 1200 km is quite a trip.

all the best Paul

Hi Paul,
I life in the south, Helmond near Eindhoven.
That is what I want to do.
Just riding around from camp place to the other.
The route I wanted to do is long, but I have time enough and can always take an extra day rest or take more brakes along the way.

770km is a long route. I was first thinking of doing 50km a day till I had seen sever YouTube videos where they ride over 100km a day. I will not do that, but will try to do about 80 a day.

Yes that is him. I follow him on YouTube. I started following him, when I had seen his tour trough the Netherlands.

I have a trailer, but that one is very heavy, so I will make a new one. Probably a one wheel. Makes it easier to take my stuff with me, than only a bike.

Hi Emiel, as you can gather there are a few of us in the UK that invade the Netherlands each year on home made trikes Paul is the most travelled rider by a long way compared to Dan and I .
I hope your build comes together soon and your able to tour, after you have your trike the next thing will be a trailer for your kit.
whatever you do, dont ever think of a monowheel trailer, my first trip the monowheel ended up in a bin near Wik Ann Zee and from memory Paul hated every moment of towing his mono, if you need a trailer use one with 2 wheels, or better still do without if you can. BTW, your worst cycle paths are far better than the best we have here
regards
John

Hi John,
Thank you for the tip. I only recently got a trailer that I want to use for my quads. It will get a car battery, so I can charge my lipo's for my quads. But that one is only for short distances.

Than for touring I will look if I can make it that I can take all my stuff on the bike, or a small 2 wheeled trailer.

I noticed that, that many people from England invade the Netherlands to ride there bikes. 😁
The Germans do the same as they don't go to the beaches.

I have no experience in touring with a bike and even less with a recumbent trike. We did day trips with school and as a Scout, but noting more than that.
I did a lot of hiking and long distance walking like the Kenedy Mars. W weeks with a backpack trough the mountains in France, Italy and Belgium.

Yes our bike lanes are good and if they are not, people can notify the city and they will improve it. They renewed a few months ago, sever bike lanes in my city.
But we pay high road tax for cars. With that money, they maintain the roads and also bike lanes.

I am still very busy with my new home, but the end is near and I move over end of next week.
Only have to finish the kitchen with some painting, some wallpaper in some rooms but only 3 walls. After that I only need something on my floor in the kitchen and hallway, but that will be placed by the shop that delivers it.
All will be done by the end of this week except the floor.
After that I start moving my stuff over and place everything where I want.
And as I am in my new home, than I will see where I place everything and hang my TV.
Also must I clean out the old home. I must remove everything in it. Still a lot of work but as my stuff is over to my new home, than that will be ready soon.

As that is done, than I can finally start working on my trike again.
I got the steel cut and some parts lacercut.
I can't wait till I can start working on it again.

Ad the moment I am very tiered and want it all to be over. It was a lot of work, but I got good help and that was needed.
Never had to do so much to get a home ready to live in.
The floor will probably the only thing that we do by ourselves.