Working From Home?

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I started working mostly from home this week, but being someone that has to keep computer infrastructure operational, I do have to venture out in the field, but mostly to empty offices and clinics.

How are you dealing with cabin fever?
Anyone spending their time working on DIY projects?

We are in for a long ride here, and I actually feel sorry for those who do not embrace the DIY lifestyle.

Brad

Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
Had to cancel my Spring trip to UK, too risky with my mum and MiL to consider. Hadn't done any welding in ages, so decided to spark up and make a bike clamp:

First, a section cut from an old kiddies bike

The rest from scraps I had lying around

And with my R20 clamped in to test it out

More fun than just buying one on the web eh :)

I have slowed down the work on my Aurora, usually give it an hour or 2 per day. Then I stop and sometimes grab a Corona beer (it's on sale because many folk's find the name upsetting). On the bright side after a 2 month break on the enclosed fat delta, I,ve started taking it out for rides again. It's warmed up a lot here averaging around 10 below C and being totally enclosed except for a floor a good sweater is all thats needed to stay warm while pedalling. I joke to some people out for a walk on the local trail that it's my social distancing vehicle.

Brad, I think that today's millennials have never experienced a need for creativity. Everything is spoon-fed to them.
They would starve to death if they actually had to make a spoon to feed themselves.

Frank, that stand looks just the ticket. Well done.

I have my StreetRunnner build which is keeping me occupied. I'm working on different facets of the build as we speak.
Electrical, and now steering column design, as we speak. And the spring home maintenance requirements are fast approaching.

We only venture out to replenish a few essentials. But most intelligent people seem to be taking this seriously.
I had a doctor's appointment, this morning and half of the seats were gone, and the remaining were at least 6 feet apart.
And they wouldn't let more than five in the waiting room at a time.

Being somewhat homebodies anyway, we're just taking it in stride.
I did suspend any camping trips that were planned for April and May.
I hope the rest of the group heeds the advice.

Being retired and sort of settled into a less active lifestyle helps during times like this.
What I don't get is why so many people are panic buying, when the authorities keep telling everyone there is no shortage.
In my area they have created the shortage by bulk buying, so now the shelves are empty, and the stores can't replenish fast enough.
Especially toilet paper........who needs 50 -100 + rolls of that in one buy.

Any DIY suggestions on how to make ...toilet paper? 😄

The toilet paper thing seems to be going on in Winnipeg as well. People are very strange at times. One of the running jokes around here is when the survivors check, all the victims will have one common trait - their bums were all spotless LOL

In the UK it has become the new instant IQ test.
Your IQ is established as 130 minus the number of Toilet rolls you have hoarded.