Wood frame?

Has anyone out there built an aurora, delta wolf or streetfox using wood for the entire frame? I'm leaning towards the streetfox just because I don't have to go through the hub building, brake adapter and freewheel adapter. I would like to do wood as it would be easier for me to work with than metal as I am handicapped. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Greets!
None of the plans here are in any way suitable for wood or even aluminum construction.

Having said that, you can certainly make something unique and beautiful of wood of you design for it right from the start.
There are some amazing wood frame vehicles in the gallery (old and new), so check 'em out.

Brad

Hi there

Well you have to consider which is going to be the bigger problem ?

Getting drive to the rear of a Delta OR making the kingpins and steering for a tadpole ?

IMHO the tadpole is tougher and doubly so if you are using wood.

However there have been wooden trikes build in both configurations.

Probably the guy who has build the most wooden vehicles is Sakari :- Sakari Holma

there are plans there and he can be contacted to help with details ...

There is also a small amount of older stuff here :- Collection wooden bikes/trikes

Yes I constantly bang on about Pythons ? however in wood they are probably one of the easier builds ?

There is a pivot in the middle that can be made without welding and part from single sided wheels for the back [ which are optional you could use forks ? ] there are no hard parts to find ? [ above is one of Sakari's

regards Paul

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Stu in Berlin has built a tadpole out of wood , l believe he will be doing a plan , the joints were all bound with hemp and resin .
It was in the archive forum .

Regards Emma