Where to find 14mm axles

I am gathering materials for my first DIY tadpole, probably the AZ Warrior. I want to keep the down cost on my first project trike and I am trying to locate a source of 20 inch wheels with 14mm axles, with no success so far. Any suggestions? The only bike shop in my small town has nothing to sell, new or used, at this time. They are only doing repairs. I have never worked on bicycles beyond changing a tire or fixing a chain so I am totally ignorant as to how the hubs are designed and assembled. Can I use a rear wheel 20 inch without the sprocket assembly?

You can use rear wheels just as easily as fronts, though it's nice to have two identical wheels. Rears will have the threads for the sprocket and may also have a different width hub too. Try ebay and also try freecycle.org. I've had more than a few free bikes via that.

Some BMX wheels have 14mm axles , however your problem will be finding the hubs that take disc brakes.

True. Almost no BMX wheels with 14mm and disc brakes exist. It's far more realistic to build your own or you'll need to bodge them by using rear wheels and screwing on a disc brake adapter which will want to undo on the left side wheel. I've done this myself with success by epoxying the adapter on and also bolting it through the hub. The right side wheel will be ok as the disc is on it's left and will self tighten. It's a bodge and I make no apologies for it because it worked. You'd need wheels with a decent size flange to go the same route.