Where can I buy components for a center joystick steering system?

I like the enclosed wooden bike above, but I have never seen a center steering mechanism like this before. I know they are also popular in velomobiles. I think they turn by moving the bar forward and back wards?
Anywhere I can buy one? Anyone have diagrams for how these link to the wheels. thanks in advance.

You can see from the picture you have posted either:-

He has not fastened it on square with the machine ?

or

It turns like a normal bicycle , just that it is more laid back.

Look up cyclecars and kinner's they sometimes use pin and slot and sometimes bobbins and cables .

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
They seem to be connected via a universal joint. My view has always been that there are, basically, three modes of operating such a steering column:

Move it up and down to move it out of the way for getting into the seat - especially with handlebars on it.
Move it to the side for minimal input steering.
Rotate it for tighter radius steering.

My own version, admittedly now in a delta, can be seen on the VK3CKC eLecTricks thread. It suited my purposes better. This has the universal-jointed steering column through the main boom and steering the front wheel via cable. The three operating modes still apply although the side-to-side mode will probably be restricted as the steer is lower geared (higher input required for a given steering angle) due to the ratio of the cable winder to the steering pulley.