Warrior racing trike changed design

Website
miscdotgeek.com
That's got me thinking about lighting as well. The winters in my part of the world are long and dark, since we are very far north. The days are very short. It's also very rainy. My own trike is going to have to be equipped for these things. Should be fun. I'll be watching what you put together for lighting :)

That's got me thinking about lighting as well. The winters in my part of the world are long and dark, since we are very far north. The days are very short. It's also very rainy. My own trike is going to have to be equipped for these things. Should be fun. I'll be watching what you put together for lighting :)
I can use the tiny less I have and it is fine, but the trike is new for me and I am low to the ground, so I want to be better visible.
That's why I also ad a flag.
The flag is more for other bikes on the bike pad.

I also need a mirror. Looking behind you is harder then on a normal bike.

Added one front break. Tomorrow I weld the second one.
I wanted to do an other test ride and a bigger round.
I noticed that I needed to get a lower gear then I am used to by driving away and that accelerating goes slower then on my city bike. But I reach easily a higher speed and my cruising speed is about 3 to 4km/h higher then on my city bike.

Cornering is something else. I need to get used to steering and how fast I can go trough a corner.

A mirror is definitely needed. Looking behind me wasn't easy.

One small problem other then that I need to adjust my rear deraillar after I moved the shifter a bit. One of my front wheels had a bump in it. I think that it is the outer tube. I think that I solved that a bit by leaving the air out and move it a bit around, but I will check that tomorrow. It are cheap wheels so I can always get a new one as it isn't solved.

Tomorrow adding one front break, adjusting rear deraillar and adding a rear light.
Then can I ride tomorrow night. Want to do my route that I normally do on my city bike to see how it goes.

I also found a great Dutch app with many routes from short to long and even to other places. It has also the option to ad your own routes and for just a few euro it ads spoken navigation. I has routes in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Denmark for what I know. It is in Dutch but for people that ride here, it is still great just to see the routes and for free it still shows where you are.

Added today the second front break.
I had to stop, because there was rain coming. So I will go further tomorrow.

Only headrest and light mount plus trailer mount.
Bag mounts and closing off 3 holes.
After that I can disassemble the bike and sand it. Then I can paint it and build it together.
So almost finished.

But I try to finish tomorrow the welding and ride around a bit first.
I must still look for paint, so till then I will test ride it a bit more. 😊

I did a lot of work today.
Closed the front and added a m8 mount with it.
Closed some other holes and added a rear light mount. I made it so the light sits a bit higher. I can ad a soft padding on that mount for a headrest.
Added one of the 2 mounts for my bags.
Only need to ad one on the other dode and finish the one that is mounted.

The lights are mounted, so I did a test ride by night.

2 flash lights on the front and a bike rear light with integrated reflector on batteries.

My Ortlieb bag was empty, but I placed it on it to see how it fits. There comes also one, on the other side.
Only need to finish that.

As my bike is taken apart, I will sand it and weld on some mounts to guide my break and shift cables.
Ad on one of the steering arms an extra mount for my phone.

So almost ready.

My test ride was good, but I was tired and I noticed that one front wheel was loose. Gears worked good, but I need to move my guide wheel a bit in the rear.
Other then that, everything is working perfect.

End of this month, my trike will finally finished.
Then I start on my bike trailer. Making it lighter and fixing the wheels. Ad a coolbox, a mount for my tent and other stuf and paint it in the same colors as my trike.

I found 20inch wheels that are the same profile and has reflectors on the side as my rear wheel. I will get them also.

I got today one bag for on the side of my bike.
I use it to make a mount for it.

I had a short run last week and it didn't go that well. I was tired fast and it didn't ride that good.
Today I checked what was wrong and i found it very fast. The position of my pedals wasn't good. They where to close to the seat. After I moved it forward, I noticed straight away that riding went a lit better again. I didn't expect that this had such bich influence.

I am getting other front outer tires.
They are the same as my rear tire and have reflectors on the side.

This week i finish the bag mounts. After that i cleanup my welds and paint the frame.
After that, i am ready.
Only need to order 2 steering bags that i use as side bags. But that can come later.
I didn't do a lot last month because someone needed the tools that i needed. But i have them again and a new welding helmet. I can now see what i weld.😊

Hopefully it doesn't rain this coming week, than can i finish it.

Last edited:
I finally started to work again on my Trike. I did some short runs, but not with the parts I have now. The chain was hitting the frame when it was on the inside blade ad the rear. Now I have fixed that by placing a bigger wheel to guide the chain.
Also hot my front gear changer.
I broke one part and changed it. Now it is way stronger. A bold came off that hold my chain on the right place.
Added the second bag mount, cut them on the right size and fixed some welds.
Only need to sand it now and check dome welds. Also ad some cable mounting points and after that I can start painting.

End of next week I hope to rebuild it and ride it.
E-assist will come end of May/beginning of June.
I will upload some images. They are also on my Instagram.

Images from the last 3 days.
After taking the bike apart.

After adding the second bag mount.

Trstfitting the bags. I knew that they would fit, but just wanted to see them both on it.

Almost ready now.
The frame will be white. The steering and the cables will be black.

E-assist I already picked, but I don't know what battery to take. I found bottle shaped ones from 10ah. I am thinking of getting first one and ad one later. Or start with a 15ah that needs yo be mounted under the seat. The botlle one, will also Com under the seat, but mounted to the seat. Each side one is the goal.
Also looking ad 's way bigger battery, do I can get a bigger range, but I am still thinking what yo so. Budget is limited and the 15ah looks good. I can always get a second one or 3 bottle shaped ones. They are easy to mount. One in the front and 2 behind the seat.

Start to clean the frame tomorrow for the paint and put the first layer on it.
I am ahead on my planning.

I noticed that the rear got a lot stiffer with the second bag mount.

That sounds good , in the UK certainly the weather for painting at the moment...

That sounds good , in the UK certainly the weather for painting at the moment...
Here is ggd weather also good. Tgat is why I worked again on my bike.
Also great to ride my bike. There is nothing else to do than riding a bike or walk. Everything is closed and they closed the parks and other places for Easter.
This gives me something to do and as the bike is ready, I can visit someone without the need for a train or borrowing a car.
Also a reason to ride the Vincent van Goch bicycle road.
There are also nice bike routes around my town.
I have now several apps with the routes on it.

Started painting today. First layer is put on. Need to do the other side also, but most is done with the first layer. Tomorrow I do the other side.
After that a bit of sanding and a second layer.
After that I will look for the final coating. That will be white, but I must look what white I get.

It feels so good now it gets color.
It also start to look better, even with the base paint.
I will also do the steering and wheel mou ts, but that I will spray paint black.
I think that I will do that as soon as the frame base coating is ready. Than can that harden before I apply the final layer.
As the final coating is added, I start with the seat. Wood will be white.

Last edited:
It started to rain when I was painting, so I had to put everything inside.
I did a bit of work, but tomorrow I will ho one inside. Getting something to cover everything.

I also found a place to hang my frame in, so I can spray paint the final layer.

My internet seems to have problems, but as usual it is jyst very short problems.
Luckily they started to check for glasfiber and as enough people want it, then I will have glasfiber with 1000 up and down by the end of October.