Veloschmitt 2 5 years+ in the making FWD , RWS tadpole

Hi all

After over 5 years of development and many prototypes FWD FWS was abandoned and he elected to have FWD and RWS using the virtual steering pivot as first seen on the Velayo velomobile

Which got good reviews however personal reasons say it stopped being built.

I intend copying the FWD for the rear of my future delta , obvious with some Stormbird twists to it.....

Paul

The further away from being between the paired wheels the less stable it will be. The drypod2 I scrapped was a very similar layout to that and I did not feel at all comfortable with it's ability to resist going over. As you get further away from ideal you need to get lower to claw some stability back like the old Masa slingshot did. It's the reason the church pod was designed as a quad. The body insisted I was well behind the front pair of wheels so I placed a pair behind me to increase the base area.

Good thinking Darren. I think the original had two thirds of a motorbike bolted on the back so rear wheel was way behind the driver maybe improving the stability triangle but still not as well planted as your four wheel layout.
John

The further away from being between the paired wheels the less stable it will be. The drypod2 I scrapped was a very similar layout to that and I did not feel at all comfortable with it's ability to resist going over. As you get further away from ideal you need to get lower to claw some stability back like the old Masa slingshot did. It's the reason the church pod was designed as a quad. The body insisted I was well behind the front pair of wheels so I placed a pair behind me to increase the base area.
That was my same thought, but I think that the rear steering can help it to become more stable in the corners.