TWO Viking tandems, almost finished, in Stoughton, WI

We're moving to Hawaii June 2020!

The 2 Vikings have:
  • Homemade independent freewheel adapters
  • High quality, high-spoke count 20" BMX wheels (EACH of the 6 wheels was over $90 new)
  • Front wheels have 9mm hubs on stub axles fabricated from heavy hydraulic tubing. Bomb proof!
  • Schwalbe Big Apple tires (20x2.35" - they no longer make this size)
  • Frame and mesh seats, with all the mounting hardware - one set is aluminum, the other is EMT conduit.
  • Disc brakes.
One trike has been ridden many times, the other is very close to being rideable, with a little bit of drive train work.

They need a bit of sanding, some assembly, and paint (they are both unpainted). #2 might need a bit of welding to finish it off, but nothing serious.

Easily $2000 invested in these babies, then my garage filled up with junk and I lost interest.

Also selling my wire feed welder with a large gas bottle and regulator (owned, not rented) Welder and bottle was probably was ~$400 new, but it's seen a lot of use.

To a good home, no offer is insulting. Basically whatever you've got to spend. None of it is coming with us across the ocean. Please take them both.

Stoughton is about 20min south of Madison. We're 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5-3h from Chicago.

A decent size pickup truck should be able to transport both of them.

If any interest is shown, I'll pull them out and get some photos.

Thanks, zombies!!

Last edited:

The 2 Vikings have:
  • High quality, high-spoke count 20" BMX wheels (EACH of the 6 wheels was over $90 new)
  • Front wheels have 9mm hubs on stub axles fabricated from heavy hydraulic tubing. Bomb proof!
  • Frame and mesh seats, with all the mounting hardware - one set is aluminum, the other is EMT conduit.
  • Disc brakes.
One trike has been ridden many times, the other is very close to being rideable, with a little bit of drive train work.

They need a bit of sanding, some assembly, and paint (they are both unpainted). #2 might need a bit of welding to finish it off, but nothing serious.

Easily $2000 invested in these babies, then my garage filled up with junk and I lost interest.

Also selling my wire feed welder with a large gas bottle and regulator (owned, not rented) Welder and bottle was probably was ~$400 new, but it's seen a lot of use.

To a good home, no offer is insulting. Basically whatever you've got to spend. None of it is coming with us across the ocean. Please take them both.

Stoughton is about 20min south of Madison. We're 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5-3h from Chicago.

Thanks, zombies!!
No disrespect, but no price, no photo, no interest.

I was there on vacation once, and it looked to me, to be a great place for recumbent riding. Send'em over there. Or maybe just one.

I had my motorcycle sent from California to England.
Worked on it, and sold it over there. Something to think about...but I hope you enjoy Hawaii.

Last edited:
"Basically whatever you've got to spend".

In other words, make ANY offer, if you can come get them, you can have them.

Also, to get current photos, I have to move some junk out of the way. I'll will get photos, but I first wanted to see if there was ANY interest or even people near me before I made the effort.

It's $750 per pallet, or $7000 per container to ship anything, and that's from California. About twice that to ship from Wisconsin. Our whole life in 12 totes. :p
Where we're moving, there are 30 degree hills up the side of a volcano. It's no place for a Viking.

Like I said, they're nearly complete, and will literally be scrapped or left at the local bike shop if no one here wants them.

2 decades ago, I would have DREAMED of a welder and 2 awesome projects for "whatever you've got". I'm not that kid anymore.

Here's an old photo album of some of the build, from 2011.

They've got a little surface rust now, one more than the other, but nothing a little wire wheeling won't cure.

I am serious about whatever you want to offer. They need a good home more than I need money.

Wish I could be of more help.

The photo's did help, and the price? Well, there's a deal there for someone.

I am in the same boat, as you. I'm about 2000 miles away, or I would help you out.
The cost to ship to California, for something I don't need, simply isn't worth it.
And I'm not ready to take a trip.

But do preserver. I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods,
will jump at the chance, if they know about it.

Did you happen to post your bikes at your local bike shops? (All of them)
Did you request they try to sell them for you, (for a commission of course)
Are you on Facebook, or other social network?
How about Craigslist? https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/wi
Also post in Craigslist in...Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana

Good Luck, and safe trip to Hawaii.

Last edited:
My neighbor and I built them together.
He moved and doesn't have the space.

Still have the trikes, but the welder has been claimed.

Website
northwestskater.com
My neighbor and I built them together.
He moved and doesn't have the space.

Still have the trikes, but the welder has been claimed.
Oh that makes sense now. Bummer. Well I am interested, and would use the bikes if I got them. However, I'm in Utah.
I'd be willing to drive out there and pick them up, but I don't want to insult you with a ridiculously low offer, but with the effort it would take me to drive out there, that's where I am.

If no one else takes them then keep me in mind.

Thanks, Hughes, for claiming them!
I hope they'll be worth the road trip!

We're looking forward to our fresh start in the land of Aloha, troubled though it is due to having negligible tourism at the moment. o_O

When this pandemic thing finally peters out, please consider a vacation in the islands!

The 2 Vikings have:
  • Disc brakes.

Thanks, zombies!!
Are these still available ?