Trike front weel mount

Hello everyone,

I plan on building a mix of the street fox and the warrior trike.
In the street fox plans, heavy duty 14 mm axle BMX wheels are used to compensate for the one sided mount, which makes total sense.
Later on in the plans, a sturdy arm is beeing installed to accommodate the brakes.

I wonder if a person could extend the brake support arm on the outside of the wheels to allow for a mount that supports the axle on both sides vs just one. (Basically turning the support arm into a horizontal fork) Why? Because I found that 10 mm axle wheels are much easier and cheeper to find then 14mm and all it would take is another length of square tubing to do this. (I don't care much about the extra weight) that way I could utilize 10 mm axles without beeing worried about the stability.

Is there flaw in my thinking? Am I missing something?

Your thoughts and help are much appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited:
Than you need to do it over the top instead of the back. Also, you need to mount it good the the place where normally the wheel is mounted. It works, but I am nit a big fan of it.

I use 12mm bolds. On my first trike, I got 16mm bolds, a tube with a wall thikness of 2mm and used downhill hubs. They have 20mm.
Now they have spacers. Then you vcan m'n and from a 15mm hub a 12mm. But then I would just order 12mm hubs from ice Trije or something.

Cheapest is 20mm hubs with 20mm axle or 16mm bold with tube as spacer.

12mm stainless steel bolts work good. I use them now for as long as I have my second build. 2 holiday trips trough Germany where the roads are terrible and they hold up great. I have spare ones, but never needed new ones.
I am not the lightest and i let heavier people ride on it.