Timberwolf with a difference

Just got the notification re the new site. I joined back in 2017, downloaded the timberwolf plans, started the build then got tied up about 12 months ago and now time to get it finished.
It is a standard timberwolf design except for the drive setup. It is both pedal and / or electric driven. Drive then goes into a N360 CVT before going into the final drive axle. I am not going to say a great lot about it at the moment as this will probably be just the start. I have however put up a lot of photographs. The next stage is to add another block bearing onto the intermediate axle as when pedaling, the axle flexes too much.
Oh Yes, I am an Aussie in sunny QLD. good to see at least another aussie out there that is obvious as his ID starts with VK3, a Victorian ham operator. I have left my licence go for now as I have not been on air for a while. There are a heap of electrics / electronics hidden away on my trike as well and I will get into them at a later stage.

Rick

Rick

Wow that's got some engineering in it , well done that man !

Ok, I got to ask....because I don't know...and I want too.

Multiple motors ?
I haven't reached the stage for adding power to my StreetRunner, but I am monitoring motorized builds here on AZ.

Q1Just how do you 'use', all those motors?
Q2 Is one motor for 'reverse'
Q3 Any benefit, (or not) of having the multiple motors.(Weight considerations)
Q4 How about traction?.
Q5 Straining on one or all motors fighting each other?

Last edited:
Ok, I got to ask....because I don't know...and I want too.

Multiple motors ?
I haven't reached the stage for adding power to my StreetRunner, but I am monitoring motorized builds here on AZ.

Q1Just how do you 'use', all those motors?
Q2 Is one motor for 'reverse'
Q3 Any benefit, (or not) of having the multiple motors.(Weight considerations)
Q4 How about traction?.
Q5 Straining on one or all motors fighting each other?
Yes, two motors. Each motor is 250W. No reverse. In Australia you are only able to legally have one 250W motor. So when I get pulled up by the police, which I am sure will happen, I can show them that only one motor is operational and hence I am legal. The other motor will theoretically only be used for off road riding. With regard to motors fighting each other, each motor drives through a freewheeling gear so when one motor is off, it is not being turned by the other motor, or when both are off the pedals do not drive the motors. Traction? well we will just have to wait and see.