Timberwolf trike build

SteveC

Hi all, new to the forum. I'm getting ready to start my first bike build. I'm planning on building the Timberwolf. The only modification I'm planning at this time is to use 20" wheels all around, and I found 5 pieces of 1.980 x 1.190 x .070 wall x 80" long rectangular tube at the recycle center, so I'm going to use this instead of the 1.500 square tube. Got them for $2 each, so I'm off to a good start. I'm in the process of tearing down a few bikes that I got on facebook market place. I'll have a lot of questions coming soon!

I found a donor bike with 20" x 48 spoke rims, but when I got it home I realized that the rims were aluminum and that the front wheel was straight laced instead of crossed. I plan on using them for the front wheel of the delta trike. I'm actually making 2 trikes, so I planed on using both of these wheels for front wheels, but has anyone used aluminum rims or the straight laced spokes?

Most rims are aluminium. All the rims I've ever used are aluminium. That won't be an issue. Rear wheels are usually offset - ie the rim is not central to the hub to allow for the drive so may not be suitable without relacing. Given most of a delta's weight is on the rear I'd expect a straight laced 48 to be ok on the front.

Getting close to being done with the Timber Wolf trike. Are there any Atomic Zombie stickers available? I haven't been able to find any on the web site. Thought it might be nice to have some kind of Atomic Zombie decal on the back.

My original plan was to build a tandem, but I'm concerned that it would be too wide for our rail trails. So building two trikes seems like the best way.

Back