Threadless forks into threaded headtube?

What do you rekon is the best way to do this?
I have some forks with special attachments on the wheel ends for pedal wheel and i want this but its threadless. I got this as a scrap peice with no headset. I haven't seen this style before and i want to use a 'normal' threaded headtube for it.
Any suggestions other than cut forks in half and weld to other half of compatible forks?

Hi there

Well couple of options spring to mind ?

bearing in mind it may not be the right length anyway ?

cut off the not threaded head tube close to the bottom.
cut a piece out of it about 2" and cut a 1/2" wide slit length wise in it then hammer it into the fork part you want , leaving 1" sticking out do some welding underneath to restrain it.
cut a threaded head tube to the length you desire , 1/2 " from bottom of it drill 2 x 8mm holes on opposite sides
hammer that over stub weld through 8mm holes to stub , then when straight do the weld around the outside , with the stub that is now 1/4" thick and so easy to get plenty of penetration.

else taking to a local bike shop and ask if they can thread it for you ?
most now days don't make bikes and so don't have cutting die's for a job like that , they only have some flimsy ' clean up ' dies to try and rescue customers forks with damaged threads ?

good luck with it Paul