Street fighter builds

Anyone building a street fighter or starting one. I have my plans and some starting tools. My build won’t be done until sp

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard, Fred! I haven't built that one myself, although I converted my
Delta Wolf to a quad, which ended up being somewhat similar to the Street Fighter.

Incidentally, I'm just "next door" to ya, in KY! You don't happen
to live anywhere near Wise, do ya? I have friends there. :)

Ahh no I don’t I live in Stuart’s draft.but right now my knees are killing me and may have to get both replaced in the spring.im hoping to be able to do it and get to ride it. But hey I got one of this 14 inch chop saws from harbor. I live adjusted to Alger a clean cut but still have to grind it to get a very close 90. What do you use to cut metal with?

I’m planning to build up what may be equal to a kit, then in the spring start assembly. I’m buying 2 new wheels this Saturday in Richmond.so everything will be cut and ready by spring. But if you would like I can recommend some changes from the plans to make it with minor mods.

Thanks I have new angle grinder too. I’ll probably take the chop saw back.The angle grinder works really good in everything else.

Hey a friend gave me a complete bike that has shimano gear on it. This seems to be some good stuff to cut off. Should it be used instead of the ithercgear. He gave me 3 others to go along with it and has a group more bikes I can get.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Hape03 built a velo based on the street fighter, bodied with ply and resin , it was featured in a magazine and was called fathoms nephew .
Regards Emma

Plywood? “OMG” mine will be in the foam mode for lightness. I got both rear brakes in the mail today. Tomorrow I’ll have the seat tube and rear frame tube complete. I’m thinking I’ll have very little steel to get. I can’t weld till spring and I’ll have my machined item done. The kit will be complete for me to study over the winter.

Welcome to the Streetfighter club. The first rule of the Streetfighter Club is we don't talk about the Streetfighter, and the second rule is we don't discuss the first rule!

my thread on the old archived forum, Down Under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ has lots of ideas to look at, lots of other people's ideas I tested, and occasionally rejected as they didn't work with my idea of the Streetfighter .

My advice, start building, go with the ideas that come to you as you're building, and take lots of photos for posterity sake, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!

PeterT

I’ve rebuilt ultralight aircraft, hang gliding during my life and these items have some form of help in changes in the S.F. I can’t start build until next year. I don’t have the high end tooling to make it an have to go one step at a time . I’ve got 99% of the metal to make it and cut them . Once I get the welder and helmet and a couple machines items I’ll be able to move pretty good. I don’t plan to keep it. I’ll move on to another build then.

I just found a post and pic on a new street fighter . “Wooooooow” that is a sweet looking bike good job. Only thing is I can’t refund it. 😆

Well here’s one for all you experienced builders.im going to make my quad with no cables. The more I think of it , it will be cool. Including the braking system. So once I get going, I’ll put my ideas out for you guys.

Hey brad. I’m brain storming until I get started next spring. By then I’ll have the complete kit cut and ready for assembly.during assembly I’ll be making changes . Ok I can you a sneak peek at the brake system. : the brakes will have a rod across the 2 brake disk. Inside pillow blocks . This is a start. I’ve got the ready in my mind. I don’t have the emails I got from you. Ok I’m going to use stick welding. The amps are around 70, but the size of the sticks I need again. Thanks👍

Welcome from Sweden aswell! My build log was lost in translation somewhere in the forum platform and/or postimg shift, but there are some vids @youtube; youtube.com/fantomsnephew.
When it comes to weight, electric assist made da ride useful for real!
Sounds like an interesting take with the no cables approach!
Happy building!
//hp

Thanks . I’m retired military an helicopter mechanic. And have flown ultralights and hang gliders. Some of the technology can cross to the build , an some quite simple.ill be 70 next birthday. I’ve rebuilt cars boats motorcycles. This will be not much a challenge , I look forward to doing it and having fun.