spoke help for warrior style front wheels

ordered Origin8 20mm 36h hubs for the front. scavenged the rims and spokes from a parts bike. OOPS !!!! the spoke flange diameter of the new hubs is quite a bit larger than the donor wheels' hubs. That'll make the spokes too long.

Do I order new spokes ? From what reading I did, they come as unthreaded blanks.

Or do I get a thread die and cut the spokes I have shorter ?

seems like either way I need the thread die.

All the spokes that I have bought have come threaded. I used an online spoke length calculator and then ordered what I needed. Spoke thread dies and the associated equipment to use them is probably not worth the expense unless you are building a lot of wheels.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Spoke threads are rolled and not cut . A tool is not the cheapest piece of equipment to buy and most will not cut stainless spokes . Go with an online spoke length calculator and order the spokes . Saves time and patience..
Stainless spokes will look the best for a long time and resist the corrosion . They are only pence more than zinc plated ones.
Regards Emma

thanks gang, for the direction.
You're right ! spoke threaders aren't cheap !
I've started looking into spoke length calculators and ordering custom length spokes.