Retrofitting a Bosch powerpack battery

Hi All,
Has anyone here fitted a Bosch powerpack battery to a self-build electric bike? The reason I ask is that I've gone ahead and bought a really nice Bakfiets cargo bike (Urban Arrow) with a Bosch Powerpack 500 battery. I was going to try and build my own bike, but this came up at a too-good-to-refuse price and nearby.

But... I'm wanting to retrofit a front hub motor to my wife's 14" two-wheels-at-the-back trike (Jorvik Viking folding trike). It would be really convenient if I was able to use the same batteries for both bikes. It also means if I'm going on a longer trip on the cargo bike I can take her battery with me for additional range if she is not using it.

So, has anyone tried fitting a Bosch powerpack battery to a DIY bike? I'm guessing I'd need to find the mounting brackets and cabling (which I guess I should be able to get as spares?). I know it is a 36v pack. Do you think it will supply just a straight 36v feed out to a 3rd party controller and hub motor? Or is it 'clever' in some way and only going to work with a Bosch mid-drive unit?

-Matt

I think it will be possible to use it on a DIY with an other motor and controller. Check if you get 36v out first.

I would open the battery and ad an extra connector like a gx16.
I placed connectors on several of those locked batteries, so they could be charged again. Many of those expensive batteries, ad terrible connectors where the pins break.
I would do the same with this. This way you can use it on an official battery mount and also connect it to an other system.

I'm reading some things around that seem to suggest the battery has some management system built in which is making me nervous that it would work outside of a fully Bosch system. It has very proprietary feel about it!

Is that just a BMS (battery management system) that most Lithium batteries will have or something in addition to?

I'm reading some things around that seem to suggest the battery has some management system built in which is making me nervous that it would work outside of a fully Bosch system. It has very proprietary feel about it!
Don't worry, it is what Popshot says, the BMS.
It makes that the cells are balanced.
It still has just a + and a - and it will probably has a few more for signal. That signal is for the controler, so it knows that it is a Bosch battery.
You don't need them on a diy build.