Raleigh Twenty

Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
Not sure if anyone's interested in these old relics, but I brought over an R20 frame from my recent UK trip, and have started to build it up into something usable(hopefully).

There is a dedicated R20 site, but it's in the process of being put to sleep. Shame, it's a great source for this niche.

Like I said, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll kick off a thread.......

Twinkle

Super Moderator
I have "restored " one into a 12 speed racer , drop bars , with durano tyred 1" wide rims , There is still a good Facebook page where lots of bits get exchanged . Good luck on your rebuild , will watch it with interest.

OK folks - will kick off a thread shortly. Do you have a pic of your one Emma? I'm hoping to live my entire life without joining Facebook - no offence :)

Until recently I was proud to say I'd never been in a starbucks, but Mrs Crank on a work assignment had a meeting in one on the outskirts of BKK, and so I sat in there and had a cup of tea. Must say, the tea was not bad, but the price! - glad I wasn't paying......

While it is slightly "Off-Topic", the bike that started the "Small wheel" revolution was the Series1 Moulton.
I bought one many moons ago from a theatrical props company. It was a bit of a wreck, but I fully broke it down and restored it to a 2-tone Powdercoat colour-scheme.
This is how it was when I got it. 3-Speed SA Hub and steel-rimmed caliper brakes.

And this is it after my restoration work.
Original Handlebars and brake lever, Brooks B17 Saddle, 7-Speed SRAM-S7 with coaster-brake, front SA Drum-Brake with Dynamo, 16" Sun CR18 wheels Schwalbe Marathon Tyres and Stainless spokes.
Chrome Powder-coat frame and Black Gloss Powdercoat mudguards and racks. A labour of love with over £650 spent on it. :eek:
Only rode it once. My hip was so bad I had to give up riding. Hip replaced and now on recumbent trikes instead.

Very nicely done Danny - you put way more effort into that than I intend to do. Mine will have some new parts, but the frame will be keeping all its patina built up over the past 42 years!
Raleigh came out with the RSW16 as direct competition to the Moulton, albeit a poor mans ride. This evolved into the R20, in shopper and stowaway(folding) guise.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Here is mine ( yes its a folder as well )

Bar end changers , selle royal gold saddle , alloy seat pin , 1" wide alloy rims with HP Duranos , original style 49/42 steel cottered chainset , resin pedals with toe clips with a 13/21 6 speed freewheel .
Right pita with the alloy brakes ( depth ) and a tandem inner cable for the rear .

regards emma