PostImage alternative.......

I really didn't want to switch, but Postimg.org has lost my trust.
What do you mean by, ..... but of late it seems a bit flaky ?

Unless you are super savvy, about such things, you are at the mercy,
of any third party image hosting site.

I've been using https://imgbb.com/ recently.
I have found it to be easy, once I understood the options.

Note: They will sometimes, add their own, 'tag line' (url), at the end of your picture url.
Its happened a couple of times to my uploads. I just delete it.

See 'Posting Photo's', post #23 & #32

Last edited:

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I like Flickr, has been around a long time, and offers full resolution uploads.
You will get 1000 free images.
Be afraid of any completely free image hosting site.... VERY AFRAID!

Brad

graucho

Super Moderator
Sarona, Wisconsin / Apache Junction, Arizona
I like Flickr, has been around a long time, and offers full resolution uploads.
You will get 1000 free images.
Be afraid of any completely free image hosting site.... VERY AFRAID!

Brad
Yes sir re.... Photobucket held out until I had 40,000 images in their free site. Then they tried to blackmail me at the cost of 440.00 a year. I told them to get bent and lost my links to thousands of posts between 5 forums. Recently they gave me a rate of 4.99 a month. I jumped on it, then figured out a way through google chrome to download my 40,000 hostage images back to my computer.

I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm about to learn something.
My loss of the photo's, that I posted to my threads, were never lost from my computer.
They all have always been there...never lost to postimage. going down.
I guess maybe they were lost, if you consider they couldn't be opened/recovered while viewing the threads.

My only problem was I couldn't at first, while trying to locate/save 'the threads content', find 'which photo' went with which post #.

I have always had all the photo's, still on my computer.

My confusion comes, when others, seem to have lost their photos from their computer.
How does that happen ?
What am I missing?
What is different ?

graucho

Super Moderator
Sarona, Wisconsin / Apache Junction, Arizona
I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm about to learn something.
My loss of the photo's, that I posted to my threads, were never lost from my computer.
They all have always been there...never lost to postimage. going down.
I guess maybe they were lost, if you consider they couldn't be opened/recovered while viewing the threads.

My only problem was I couldn't at first, while trying to locate/save 'the threads content', find 'which photo' went with which post #.

I have always had all the photo's, still on my computer.

My confusion comes, when others, seem to have lost their photos from their computer.
How does that happen ?
What am I missing?
What is different ?

With my situation Ed it was foolishness on my part. I trusted Photobucket to ba a well known standup site not going to take advantage of me. I didn't have my photos backed up anywhere since i thought Photobucket was my backup. Never again. Live and learn. (Seems to be the story of my life) I wouldn't have it another way. I'm not afraid of failing, this is how I know how to do many things. No fear of failing. By failing this time I learned how to retrieve my photos from Photobucket when they didn't want me to.

With my situation Ed it was foolishness on my part. I trusted Photobucket to ba a well known standup site not going to take advantage of me. I didn't have my photos backed up anywhere since i thought Photobucket was my backup. Never again. Live and learn. (Seems to be the story of my life) I wouldn't have it another way. I'm not afraid of failing, this is how I know how to do many things. No fear of failing. By failing this time I learned how to retrieve my photos from Photobucket when they didn't want me to.
I'm glad you were able to recover them. I don't have the mass of photo work you have compiled.
Even so, I know what it's like, to think you've lost all the time and effort, that's been invested in any body of work.

As new members discover AZ, your work will surely entertain and inspire.