Obtaining parts

Greetings friends. I'm still fixing up to build my Warrior trike when I finish my contract in May. So far I have gotten a welder (I ended up getting an older but welk kept and sparingly used Century 80 flux core), a no. 3 bench vise, also used, a new angle grinder, and a welding mask with auto darkening. The real story here though is my buddy works at a big name hardware store and they had two of the same model bikes damaged in shipping and unsellable and written off. They were destined for the dumpster and buddy asked if he could have them for me for my build. They're very basic cheapo entry level bikes, but they're steel or cro-mo, not aluminum, so now have matchy-match headsets, stems, and tubes all brand new out of the box. They're actually still in the box!

Anyway besides that there's even an extra set of cranks and pedals and a big ring set, a rear cassette, some vee brakes...I am in obtanium heaven! Anyway my point is if you're looking to build on the cheap, natbe try asking your local hardware shops for their shipping- damaged writeoff bikes and offer a timmys card etc as a bribe. You could end up with great parts sourced free!

Everything is expensive these days. Honestly? And I'm not bron nosing...the best deal I got on anything so far is the 6-pack of plans from AZ!

Over here, I mean "Corruptistan", where bureaucrats have €18K chairs and €2400 coffeemakers. Or in other words, Belgium. Where a blue collar person has to pay 75-80% of his wage in taxes.