New member introduction

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andre, I'm Canadian. Recently retired from an IT career (not even two weeks yet). So plenty of free time on my hands.

Always loved to learn new things.

My main hobby is to build electric guitars. Just completed one, another one is in the planing process.

I'm not too much into metal working cause I find it makes such a mess in my wood shop. I did built my CNC out of aluminum though.

I would like to have a pedal assisted tadpole trike. The prices of commercial ones are out of my reach. Since I'm a relatively good builder, why not build one.

Started to check how to make a wooden one. That avenue seems a bit pricey for something I'm not sure I will use that often. Have not own a bike in so many years. This is not like I'm actually a seasoned rider.

While looking at DIY bikes and trikes, I stumbled upon Atomic Zombie.

Have been reading the tutorials on Atomic Zombie for a while now. I'm still thinking about it, so, I guess building a trike is more than just a passing thing.

Have not harvested part yet, so there is still a lot of time to change my mind and forget about this project. Only time will tell. But, I purchased my first plan, the StreetFox. Have posted to a few places that I'm looking for donated bikes to harvest them for this project and plan to look for bikes on the annual big garbage week coming up in late July.

If my interest stays strong, I might ride next summer on my own built trike.

Andre

Last edited:
Greets, and thanks for your support!
There is no going back now, enjoy the ride (once you build it)!

Brad

Back