New Beginning For AZ

Great new look Brad

Still feeling my way around and looking for 'what's familiar' , what's missing, different
and most importantly, just what I/we need to do, to help in the transition.

I for one, am so great-full, that you and Kate, still have the enthusiasm, and drive to keep this site alive and vibrant.

Times have changed, members have come and gone, yet much of what they left behind is, so valuable.
I hope their contributions won't fall into obscurity, as did the so valuable photo's that have been lost.

Now to start the process of moving selective threads over to the new forum.

Ed

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Thanks!

The old forum is an amazing source of info, which is why I am doing my best to keep it.
It has a lot of duct-tape on it now, but mostly functions. Should be ok as read only.
The old gallery has some problems though, php code that fails and such.
I will keep both as long as I can, hopefully another decade or more!

brad

Great new look Brad

Still feeling my way around and looking for 'what's familiar' , what's missing, different
and most importantly, just what I/we need to do, to help in the transition.

I for one, am so great-full, that you and Kate, still have the enthusiasm, and drive to keep this site alive and vibrant.

Times have changed, members have come and gone, yet much of what they left behind is, so valuable.
I hope their contributions won't fall into obscurity, as did the so valuable photo's that have been lost.

Now to start the process of moving selective threads over to the new forum.

Ed

SirJoey

Super Moderator
After being AWOL for about 5 years now, I began "lurking about" here once again, about a week ago.
Not many names left that I recognize anymore, but nice to see the forum hasn't evaporated completely! :)

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Wow, it has been awhile!
I guess we have both been awol for about the same amount of time.
This is the first year since around 2013 that I have a spring of building planned.
My shack is rotted, my parts are rusted, but somehow I am going to make the sparks fly!

You have anything wild and crazy on the drawing board?

Glad to hear from you.
Brad

After being AWOL for about 5 years now, I began "lurking about" here once again, about a week ago.
Not many names left that I recognize anymore, but nice to see the forum hasn't evaporated completely! :)

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Wow, it has been awhile!
I guess we have both been awol for about the same amount of time.
This is the first year since around 2013 that I have a spring of building planned.
My shack is rotted, my parts are rusted, but somehow I am going to make the sparks fly!

You have anything wild and crazy on the drawing board?

Glad to hear from you.
Brad
Hi Brad (& Kat)!

Nothing new to report YET. Last thing I was working on when I had to sell my place & move to KY at the end of 2013, was a Marauder, which I'm still planning on calling the M-1.5, as it will be a cross between M-1 & M-2. Basically had it to the riding & testing phase, but that's it. It's hanging from the rafters of a storage unit, & I still dream about completing it one day, as all that remains is to tear it down, wire-wheel the now seriously rusted frame, paint it, & reassemble. Unfortunately, I can't even do that, cuz I'm still residing in an apartment. Haven't given up yet though! I'm GOING to finish it someday.

Still have my Deltoyd quad, & 2 of my trikes! Paying to store them, but I WON'T let 'em go! NO! NEVER! :D

Incidentally, who has a decent & reliable photo hosting site these days, in case I can come up with any new interesting pics to post?

Again, nice to see you guys are still kickin' it! :D

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Cool, looking forward to the return of SJ.

You can upload directly to our new Builder's Forum.
Images are now stored on this server.

You can add to the existing categories, or start your own personal named gallery for all to enjoy.

Brad

Hi Brad (& Kat)!

Nothing new to report YET. Last thing I was working on when I had to sell my place & move to KY at the end of 2013, was a Marauder, which I'm still planning on calling the M-1.5, as it will be a cross between M-1 & M-2. Basically had it to the riding & testing phase, but that's it. It's hanging from the rafters of a storage unit, & I still dream about completing it one day, as all that remains is to tear it down, wire-wheel the now seriously rusted frame, paint it, & reassemble. Unfortunately, I can't even do that, cuz I'm still residing in an apartment. Haven't given up yet though! I'm GOING to finish it someday.

Still have my Deltoyd quad, & 2 of my trikes! Paying to store them, but I WON'T let 'em go! NO! NEVER! :D

Incidentally, who has a decent & reliable photo hosting site these days, in case I can come up with any new interesting pics to post?

Again, nice to see you guys are still kickin' it! :D

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Cool, looking forward to the return of SJ.

You can upload directly to our new Builder's Forum.
Images are now stored on this server.

You can add to the existing categories, or start your own personal named gallery for all to enjoy.

Brad
FANTASTIC! Can't wait to try it out when I have something new to show!

This is actually the THIRD incarnation of the forum that I've been privileged to be a part of,
having joined the first one back in June of 2007! Can't BELIEVE it will soon be 12 YEARS!!!

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Yeah, this place is old!
Looking back at the early site designs from 2001, things have come a long way.
Here is the complete history, with the exception of my initial 2000 launch...

The early sites are so tiny, made for 640x480 VGA monitors!

And the 2012 site, which ran until this new upgrade a few weeks ago...

Hope the new site keeps up to web standards long enough to allow me to actually get outside and build something!

Brad

FANTASTIC! Can't wait to try it out when I have something new to show!

This is actually the THIRD incarnation of the forum that I've been privileged to be a part of,
having joined the first one back in June of 2007! Can't BELIEVE it will soon be 12 YEARS!!!

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Greetings Sir Joey I am still here Probably one of the "newer old originals " still admire your work , welcome back

regards emma

Last edited:

KoolKat

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.ATOMICZOMBIE.com
I like the new clubhouse. Welcome everybody! So nice to "see" some familiar faces and returning friends. Let the house warming party begin! 🥳🥳

Oh ! what joy..
The return of ...Sir Joey 😄

Welcome back, along with all the memories of broken water heaters, campers,

outside showers, cluttered storage area's, and all those terrific builds, and 'Other Talents'.

It is so nice to have you back in the fold. Here's hoping to see some new ideas, materialize.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Oh ! what joy..
The return of ...Sir Joey 😄

Welcome back, along with all the memories of broken water heaters, campers,

outside showers, cluttered storage area's, and all those terrific builds, and 'Other Talents'.

It is so nice to have you back in the fold. Here's hoping to see some new ideas, materialize.
Thanx Ed! Most kind of you! Can't believe U remember all my old misfortunes from a few years ago, LOL! Except for the fact that I'm still living in an apartment & can't build anything anymore (YET), things are better at least in SOME ways! :)

Can't believe how much I miss the hobby, as well as the comraderie (spelling) of the group. For me, that old "itch" has returned, & BIG TIME! Yes, the itch to build & contribute to the community here. I made some good friends on here over the past 12 years, some of whom I actually got to meet in PERSON! Hoping to get back into it in SOME way. REALLY, REALLY wanting to build something again!

I definitely remember you, one of the kindest & most supportive members of the group, as well as one of our "senior statesmen" like myself, if I may be so bold! Glad to see you're still an active participant!

Last edited:
Brad and Kat; thank you for the new forum, and for continuing to keep the whole show on the road!

Sir Joey; great to hear that you're still about!

All the other regulars; thank you for your ideas shared over the years.

As it happens, a couple of days ago one of my "sleeper" projects went active again. No spectacular progress just yet, but I have cleaned the rust of some long-untouched parts and welding will resume shortly. The re-launching conclusion? It's better to build a workable bike now and upgrade later rather than delaying to gather all the perfect parts before starting.

A GREAT surprise to see SIR JOEY is back. Always wondered what happened to you. You always were a great help to a lot of us here!

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Seems like a lot of us have had some kind of DIY calling lately!
I am just waiting for the 4 feet of snow to melt, and then the sparks shall fly!

This is has been a typical morning view around here lately...

Down at the old shack where I weld, there is probably twice that amount.
Since I have about 2 months of winter left, it is a good time to tune up the new site and forum and heat up the sketch book of plan ideas.

I am going to focus on Fitness Machines this year for 2 reasons...

1. To change things up a bit, while keeping to the easy to build theme.
  2. I need them! I sit at a desk all day doing electronics in my day job.
Thanks for beta testing this new forum!
Brad

SirJoey

Super Moderator
A GREAT surprise to see SIR JOEY is back. Always wondered what happened to you. You always were a great help to a lot of us here!
Thanx old friend! Most generous of you! Great to see you're still kickin' on here as well!
I don't have much to offer on here right now, but I'm enjoying participating, nevertheless.

I seem to have "misplaced" my googly-eyes avatar (not sure it would even work here on the new forum),
so for now at least, I've settled on this creepy borg thing I whipped up.