My life with Python trikes Mk1 , Mk1.5 , Mk2 ?

Paul, It's a simple fix to have full-tilt/rotation.
You just arrange for the tube component to be supported at the ends instead of the middle. Job done.
Ok can't visualise this at all ..

If you like I can remove the parts from my seat and take pictures out in the open?
Thanks for the offer , however at the moment I have 1 problem and 2 solutions so I need to try them and prove they don't work ;)

Thanks for the text , awaiting by the letter box with bated breathed....

DannyC: I'd like to see you with parts removed from your seat.
This only occurs @ weekends when I go by the name Darlene. ;)

This only occurs @ weekends when I go by the name Darlene. ;)
.. and after the infrequent ' crack and sac waxing ' I understand ?

So to choices for the front seat mount :-

Option A was used on the Mk1 however both bolts get very rusty under the frame

Option B still uses 2 bolts however one passes through the seat post , the idea is to only weld one plate to the seat post and have the other floating that way the plate cannot bend and grip the main frame as happens now

Option A appears to have 2 bolts holding it to the frame whilst Option B appears to only have one bolt ? although very similar to the current sub frame mount especially if I repeat this at the rear of the seat ?

.. and after the infrequent ' crack and sac waxing ' I understand ?
Naaahhhh...... 'Veet for men' for that smooth as silk undercarriage. ;)

Well Dan about time you did me a drawing of a solution to the lower seat mount ?

Only thing left in the coffers at present is this :-

I am not entirely happy all my weight will be on a single piece of angle 4" x 3mm welded to a 22mm tubes especially as it will not be vertical when I am sat on it but at angle of approx 45' ?

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Depending on the weld quality, I'm not sure I would be either. You could use two pieces of angle though. One is welded with the tube inside the angle. Drill the bolt holes in the second angle, then weld it over the first one, leaving sufficient room between both angles to fit a spanner to turn the bolt heads. That way, you can get more weld to hold the angles together.

No charge for this idea whether it is suitable or not. No refund either.

DannyC

Stop no need for disassembly I have decided that this route is heresy and you are a agent of the devil...

Kevin

Thanks I suppose I don't want to prove whether it is strong enough or not (y)

In all honesty if DannyC had not come along with his solution [ which works perfectly well on his seats ] I would not have done it that way , so on with the way I would have done it if not tempted by the devils guile ?

Well getting design paralysis seems there is no room under the seat for much hardware and little room for getting the tilt mechanism [ as described by Danny C ] and a adjustment mechanism ...

Remembered I had some heavy duty hinges 100mm x 100mm x 3mm so thin and big enough to be welded straight to the seat frame and thick enough to take some 8mm clamp/adjustment bolts ?

So do they fit ?

Well yes they will , only concern is they will be welded to some 1.25mm x 1.5mm box ? so may need a little reinforcement ? however it will be sat on the main frame so spreading the load directly to the frame and no just the hinge ?

Other plus sign is that I can clean and weld this onto the existing seat frame without disturbing the existing mounts.
Then I can ride with the seat clamped to the frame through the hinge and make sure that works as planned.
I will probably trim the front tab down to 1/2" below the frame so it helps locate the seat laterally , then I just need to get the rear mount easier to undo without it distorting around the frame and then not being able to lift free.

Any thoughts before I commit ?

Is there enough support for you if you were to start leaning your body side to side during enthusiastic riding? Like plastic chairs, damn them, you wouldn't want the seat to fracture with use. Just a thought before it hurts.
yes I reckon so , especially as for the time being I am keeping the heavy frame ....

The Mk1 had a different mounting system , seperate at each end and survived about 5 years of abuse , look what happens when you ride it through a UK winter ?

Not a pretty sight ....

From just one winter? Ugh! What's the main cause - mud, salt, water, combination of them all. Looks like I won't be riding my trike to UK.
Very close to ground 5" under main frame , then as you say mud/salt/water wash and repeat .....

No toy gets used on paths through forests unmade roads etc and in all weathers ...