My life with Python trikes Mk1 , Mk1.5 , Mk2 ?

Seems that's me :D

I need to weigh it as well , then if I cut up a piece of card to match the shape of some cr*p plywood I have I can estimate the weight difference should I want to build it out off something more [ maybe ] durable ?

Paul
Per Square-inch of finished (painted/varnished/PMF'd bodyshell) +/- 20% ought to be reasonable enough. :D

Hi all

So progress she is slow however steady ....

so this is the back the cereal box covers the corners as they were hard to figure out their shape , then a piece of the double box corrugated was glued inside them for strength.
the edges were filled with exterior ready mixed filler and some have been covered with the paper plaster board tape using eco friendly varnish so no nasty smells and can be done indoors where it is warm and so dries thoroughly and quickly.

The front where you can see a couple of vertical edges that need the paper treatment and patch the gaps .

Messy inside the plan is to glue some foam down to the 4 corner triangle pieces so when I am fastening it down they stop it rattling [ I hope ].
next up 2 coats of primer ready for the gloss paint.

Then on to the bigger lower part , 2 mudguards and it can be mounted on the trike.
As a stop gap the old mudguards are reinstated as it has become very wet and dirty and I had getting my clothing muddy !

Paul

Top and base have 2 coats of primer and after a brainstorm on a fresh thread we have a fastening method for the top.
No screws or heavy catches , no rattling and no weight win win !

So I think DannyC had the brainwave to use Velcro and I just perverted it to the cause by using double sided Velcro.

Test pieces the upper one [ lid/top ] has a strip of heavy duty cardboard front and rear and a slot cut for the Velcro
Lower one [ base/fairing ] has a piece of heavy duty cardboard glued both sides and 2 slots cut for Velcro
The cardboard resists the Velcro pulling through the corrugated sides.

Velcro is threaded through slot in top one a round back where it is stuck to itself and a tail is left hanging down
Velcro is threaded through both slots in base piece and stuck to itself around the back.

Viola as the French say ...
One neat fastening no weight or rattle and only Velcro pulling against Velcro.

Downside ? there are 2 small slot's in the base that need sealing against water ingress , compared to it's bulk I don't think they will be a problem.

Implement on the real thing then I can lash some paint on.

Paul

Last edited:
Downside ? there are 2 small slot's in the base that need sealing against water ingress , compared to it's bulk I don't think they will be a problem.
Indeed, a bit of clear silicone sealant ought to sort that. :)
Nice.