Mounting batteries

I came by 3 6S* 60A LiPo batteryblocks. But those are boxes made from 2mm thin glassfibre plating (kind of PCB , lacking the copper layer).

Dimensions, 290x210x120mm and about 10 kg each.

I want to use 2 to power a Bafang midmotor on a Streetfox.

First idea I had was to use panniers. But no pannier seems to be strong or stable enough to keep these heavy buggers in place. Also, all that extra weight on the back wheel seems asking for problems.

Anybody idea's on placing/mounting?

* 6S= 6 cells in series, 3.7V nominal 4.2V fully charged= 22.2/25.2V

I'll start measuring.
But the other thing is to waterproof those monsters. As I wrote, the shell is nothing more than 6 fibreglass plates with a thin layer of foam to protect the BMS and 18 flat softpack cells (3P 6S) , shrinkwrapped to be a box.

One idea is to use a second hand topcase from a motorbike. Should have enough space to contain a 20A 26V powersupply and 2 of the packs.

Why not get 2 of those metal munition boxes? You can close them and mount them to the frame. Fix some connectors to it and it is safe. As there is some space, than ad dome foam to protect them.

Maybe making a box yourself.
I don't know the size of the boxes. I know tgat people used them for there lioo's to charge.

You made some big batteries.

I aquired some big batteries. Total stored power is 4.2Kwu.

And that's just the ones not for Robot Wars. If I take all the old ones for the heavyweights, I can add another 2 Kw in an unholy and unhealty mix.

I can make the box myself. But am looking for a "Zombie" option. That is why I ask for idea's.

Last edited:
The batteries on my trike are mounted to a separate carrier that gets clamped into 2 receiver channels welded onto the rear forks at the rear, and the front end bridges over the rear backrest spar and is fastened there too.