Mecnun's new trike project from scrap

Website
worldofgun.blogspot.com
I started to make to my first trike. I will add to 24v 250watt electric motor too. I can use when tired. I used scrap iron pipes (30mmx30mmx2mm) and a bicycle. I didn't finished but I am adding to some parts by time. I will share day by day. I will share dimensions, angles and materials with detailed photos.

Last edited:
Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
I made a miniature hydroplane, 6ft x 4ft with 7" sides, in the lounge room around 1968. Do a Google or YouTube search for Mini Max Hydroplane to see what it was. Couldn't get it out the door and up the passage. Had to remove the window and take it out that way. It didn't finish there. Took it out for its first lake run and encountered another boat's wake and, with no experience, didn't know how to cross its wake. I crossed it at 90 degrees. Felt like a submarine for a few seconds as it bit into the wake and ploughed under water. It was unsinkable though, a fact that I used to terrify someone later, and, thankfully, came out again.

The last "wow" moment was when I took it out for the first time after connecting a steering wheel to the outboard motor some months later. I headed straight out from the shore and, when I made my first turn, discovered that the steering had been connected arse-a-pookus - when I turned to the left, It went to the right. Embarrassing. Someone in a speedboat tried to swamp me by making a sharp turn and spraying some of his wake into my boat. Thankful for that unsinkability again.

All part of the DIY fun that you don't get with buying. Funny how some things trigger memories.

Website
worldofgun.blogspot.com
I didn't clean to welded parts

I added to back body's up side square tube iron and added 1 layer iron for support too

12mm diameter bolt 30mmx60mmx10mm iron with weld for wheel connection

caster angle is 12 degree. rod arm from L shape iron

wheel connection is very clear

Your pedals are very close to the ground. Will your heels clear things like raised manholes? It's natural to want to place the front wheels each side of an obstacle which then puts that obstacle right at your feet.
Nice seat.