IDIOT Wheel Seller On fleaBay

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Somehow the front axle on the 20" front wheel of my Bulldog trike got stripped, so, as much as I HATE
supporting fleaBay,
I resorted to it out of desperation, because here in armpit KY, we have no LBS.

Found a wheel I liked & messaged the IDIOT, asking him what size the axle was, to which he replied "7/8" !!!
7/8?!! REALLY? What an IDIOT! I asked him if that was a typo. Turns out, he was measuring the HUB! Had to explain which part was the AXLE.
After finding out it was, in all probability, a 3/8, I took a chance, against my better judgement. I'd already had my first sign I was dealing with an IDIOT...

He goofed around & didn't ship it for a few days, & when it finally arrived, the axle was, to my relief, a 3/8, which was what I needed. BUT....
Major problem! The IDIOT sent me a 24" wheel! So, I bummed out, & promptly returned it, telling him it was a 24.
3 days later, I get a message from the IDIOT. Says he's not gonna refund my shipping because it IS a 20".

Since he measured the wheel diameter to be about 20", he thinks it's a 20" wheel. I tried explaining to him that wheels are sized INCLUDING the
tire diameter. Told him a 20" wheel will actually only measure about 16 1/2". Told him a 24" will measure out to be about 20 1/2", which is what
he sent me, but since he's an IDIOT, he won't listen. Claims he's sold about 10 of them this way. I say he's a bare-faced liar. If he sells that thing
again as a 20", it'll come back AGAIN. I even sent him a picture of my old wheel with the tire mounted & a tape measure in the pic. You can plainly
see both, the 20 x 1.95 on the sidewall, AND the measurement of the wheel at 16 1/2" in the same pic. Doesn't matter. He won't budge. He's an IDIOT!

So now, I have to wait for fleaBay to make a decision on this. So guys, what say ye?
Will fleaBay have anybody on their panel who understands bike wheel sizes, or will
they
end up being as stupid as this guy? Will they rule in my favor, or the IDIOTS?

Place your bets, guys. Who will fleaBay rule in favor of?

I'll post their decision in a few days when it comes in, but personally, I'd say it's a toss-up! :unsure:

Last edited:
Fleabay usually sides with the buyer. I have never lost out.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Fleabay usually sides with the buyer. I have never lost out.
"Usually" being the key word. Hope you're right. In THIS case, however, he's showing his own pic of a measurement showing the wheel to be a 20",
which as we all know, is actually a 24". So, it comes down to whether the fleaBay judge in this particular case understands bike wheel sizing.

Step right up, folks! PLACE YOUR BETS! :unsure:

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I hear your pain bro!

We used to sell plans on ebay, and as sad as this sounds, most of the questions were about delivery of the bike and shipping costs.
Ummm, yeah.... your Warrior trike will ship with Fedex overnight sir, please make your $6.00 payment so we can send it right away.... arg!!

On the bright side, this evolving disdain we have for the majority of the world pushed us far out here in the bush away from it all.
We now like our life out here, fending for ourselves.
Drop out, tune out, and "DIY or die"!!!

Brad

May the community could help should Ebay rule in the sellers favour ?

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Yeah, although they generally side with the buyer, this case all hinges
on the knowledge (or lack thereof) of whatever "judge" I happen to get. :unsure:

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Yep, sure enough, I GOT CHEATED! Even with photographic PROOF, fleaBay still cheated me out of $20 shipping!
I guess their "judge" in this case was as big of an IDIOT as the IDIOT who sold me the thing in the first place! :mad:

I've HAD IT with stinkin' fleaBay! From now on, I'll buy from Amazon or WalMart.com, even if it costs more.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Ordered this from another vendor before swearing off fleaBay for burning me.

New tire, new solid tube, & new old stock wheel!
It's gonna look great on my Bulldog trike!
(If I ever get to ride it again)

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Well, with this wheel sportin' one of those "Stop-a-Flat" SOLID tubes, & the trike already having
those
car tires on the rear, I'll never have to worry about another flat, at least on this one! YAY!

Cool looking wheel.
I wonder....
Fill the tire with concrete, sharpen the edges of the mags, spin it up fast, then drop small trees in there for instant wood chips!

Brad
'Sharp' idea Brad. But I wonder whether Sir Joey can pedal that fast ? 😈

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
I have been "nursing" a DIY front tadpole wheel idea for some time, waiting for a chance to try it. I am prepared for someone to convince me that it is not practical for whatever reason. The process requires DIY hub tubes to accommodate the intended bearings. A conventional wheel rim is used but not the usual spokes. The spokes are replaced with a single piece spoke design cut from a disc of thin metal plate as one piece. Two would be required for a complete wheel. This enables a design to look like a mag wheel. The centre (that's how we spell it) of this is fixed to the hub and fixed to the rim with small bolts via a tab at the end of each spoke. It should not be necessary to use all spoke holes, maybe every second one, depending on the rim.

I would expect that it would never need adjustment, would never break a spoke and designs would be virtually endless.

I will shut the windows now so I don't hear the guffaws of laughter and derision but, has anybody tried it? I would be game to prove that it is ridiculous - some time when I get tired of watching paint dry.

I have been "nursing" a DIY front tadpole wheel idea for some time, waiting for a chance to try it. I am prepared for someone to convince me that it is not practical for whatever reason. The process requires DIY hub tubes to accommodate the intended bearings. A conventional wheel rim is used but not the usual spokes. The spokes are replaced with a single piece spoke design cut from a disc of thin metal plate as one piece. Two would be required for a complete wheel. This enables a design to look like a mag wheel. The centre (that's how we spell it) of this is fixed to the hub and fixed to the rim with small bolts via a tab at the end of each spoke. It should not be necessary to use all spoke holes, maybe every second one, depending on the rim.

I would expect that it would never need adjustment, would never break a spoke and designs would be virtually endless.

I will shut the windows now so I don't hear the guffaws of laughter and derision but, has anybody tried it? I would be game to prove that it is ridiculous - some time when I get tired of watching paint dry.
It matters NOT, if anyone has tried it. You go for it.

If my...
'TurnBuckle Spoke' wheels, my 4x1" rims, and 2x1" rims, all withstood the test, I'm sure your wheel will too.

I look forward to your thread on the build.

graucho

Super Moderator
Sarona, Wisconsin / Apache Junction, Arizona
Bummer Sir J
I'm up over 450 items in fleabay and only got burned 6 times. All 6 times were from idiots. Every time I wanted to hunt them down and......well never mind. Only got my money back once. A few of the times the items were over 100.00