Front wheels wobble on a street fox help

Clive

Can anybody help I have checked the tracking and add more toe in it still wobbles especially when it hits a bump or a rough road

Mine was toed out, thought I was smart and brought it in, couldn't hardly peddle it so back to toe out.

Sounds like a case of trike shimmy, a fairly common issue. Easily resolved by adding some stiction to the steering mechanism. Rubber washers did the trick for me (y)

In the 4x4 world we call it "death wobble". Usually has something to do with loose joints. I had a bushing fail in a 4x4 with IFS once. Death wobbled over 35mph, had to drive very slow until new parts came in :p

0 to 3mm toe-in max on a tadpole. Some trikes change their steering angles/set-up when loaded as opposed to unloaded.
I had quite a bit of trouble on mine until I made some adjustable toe-in setting sticks. Now it is perfect, on a flat uncambered surface I can even ride hands off for short distances (until it hits a bump).

0 to 3mm toe-in max on a tadpole. Some trikes change their steering angles/set-up when loaded as opposed to unloaded.
I had quite a bit of trouble on mine until I made some adjustable toe-in setting sticks. Now it is perfect, on a flat uncambered surface I can even ride hands off for short distances (until it hits a bump).

Well don't be shy .....

Share the video !

Back