Front brakes tadpole trike

murex and 180amp welds like dogshit but its prolly needing a new liner, new rollers and the gas stays on when you let go of trigger and tbh i could have turned it down and done a much better job with it had it been bang on but i like learning new stuff..
If you need advice on fixing the welder, I will help you, fixing welders is my profession.

Cheers Paul, whats creep though?
The tubing is very slippery and combined with chain lube etc it is almost impossible for a zip tie to grip the tubing.

So when riding the chain is travelling backwards and rubs on the tubing , eventually taking the tube with it .

The tubing will NOT pass through a rear derailleur !

You idea will work , although tubing has the advantage of keep you clean and your clothing out of the chain if in the right place ?

I just sold one of these , you can see it actually just has 2 tubes and no chain rollers at all !

Bit of pedal drag but simple and quite.

By the way have you put some sort of keeper on your BMX thingie to stop the chain jumping off ?

Idlers the bit of metal shown here.

If you need advice on fixing the welder, I will help you, fixing welders is my profession.
That would be most handy (y), wish id seen this while i was up yard....
All i can tell at the minute is I struggle to get a decent power to wire feed ratio going (i did used to do a lot of production welding on 300+ amp machines years ago btw)...
Cant really get a change of voltage though i can alter the speed, to me this thing should blow a hole in 5mm plate but i just get a really tall lumpy weld with limited penetration on anything other than thin stuff and then its a bugger to control as the wire feed seems intermittent..
I was thinking new liner and roller for a kick off but maybe theres sonething amiss with the transformer too? Dunno your shout..
Also, gas valve stays open when you let the trigger go... Flick of the power switch knocks it shut again and also there does seem to be minor current flowing without the trigger being pressed? Tiny arc if wire offered up to earthed metal? Before the gas valve went completely haywire, touching the wire to earthed metal follwing a weld without pressing the trigger would shut the gas valve..
Sorry cant give you model as im at home and wont be back up yard till later in week...
Really appreciate the offer of advice, was wondering how much it was going to cost to get it fixed and almost had it in bits but beyond liners and rollers im stumped really...

The tubing is very slippery and combined with chain lube etc it is almost impossible for a zip tie to grip the tubing.

So when riding the chain is travelling backwards and rubs on the tubing , eventually taking the tube with it .

The tubing will NOT pass through a rear derailleur !

You idea will work , although tubing has the advantage of keep you clean and your clothing out of the chain if in the right place ?

I just sold one of these , you can see it actually just has 2 tubes and no chain rollers at all !

Bit of pedal drag but simple and quite.

By the way have you put some sort of keeper on your BMX thingie to stop the chain jumping off ?

Idlers the bit of metal shown here.
Gotcha (y) what i did today was install a bit of pvc 20mm pipe over the lower chain, drilled through it high up both ends so as not to foul the chain and threaded tie wraps through the holes to fix it to the frame.. Seemed to work ok for now....
Spent the rest of the day setting up the front brakes... What i hadnt realised is that callipers dont seem to be handed and after making two identical mounting brackets i had to fit the callipers in slightly different positions to stop the track arms fouling the cable levers on the callipers but i managed to work around it although it wasnt ideal..
Theyre definately not as snappy as i imagined they would be though... Maybe they need new pads?
Remodelled the handlebars too to accommodate the fantastic steering lock its got which threw another problem out... The deraileur cables arent long enough now but im sure i can sort that... Ive ever thought of fixing the clicky shifters to the seat sides when they arrive next week but we see... Maybe i should have got bar end shifters but i couldnt find any that work one gear at a time like these clicky ones do? Do you know if i can buy these type? Not keen on friction only as im trying to minimise effort for the missus...

Last edited:
I have rollers, liners and gas valves in stock. If you tell me the model I can help you find the fault.
Do you have a multimeter?
Thats fantastic, thankyou, i have a multimeter and can use it well enough but dont have the model till i get back up the yard. Ill take a few pics too when im back up there for reference... If it turns out the transformers faulty is this a fixable diy job? Provided i buy the bits from you first obviously...