Freewheel/Disc Brake Adapters

Twinkle

Super Moderator
There was a company based in Arizona that were selling a screw on free wheel adapter ( use 3 and 2 screw on disc adapters ) I got one from there 3 years ago .

regards emma

Twinkle

Super Moderator
If you wanted a diy version , you could always use a " collar" of the correct internal diameter and weld a large washer to it , then either drill it for the rotor or bolt on a screw threaded hub flange . We have done it in the past

I am looking for one for the freewheel and either one or two for the disc brakes, depending on if the freewheel adapter had one or not. How much do you want for them?

I am looking for one for the freewheel and either one or two for the disc brakes, depending on if the freewheel adapter had one or not. How much do you want for them?
$25 each and will send through Postal Service for $8.50 priority service. You can put more than one in the same box. I put a picture in the gallery so you can see if this is what your looking for.

I got mine from Staton Inc based in N.J. They primarily make parts for gas powered bicycles. I bought two 5/8" bore freewheel adapters that also have the holes to mount disc's. At the time the price was around $15 each. They had the adapter's in a few different bore's. The website has a lot of parts on it and it took me awhile to figure out which parts I would need. I bought my 5/8" axle from a local hardware store along with the square shim stock. The also have the adapters for just the disc as well.

If you go to the Staton Inc website and search on 'fwadp' it will bring up all their freewheel adaptors. Adding your shaft size in fractions (e.g. 'fwadp 3/4' for 3/4 shafts) will help limit the returns.