frame broke

Riding today, came to a hill, pushed through and noticed the ride was a little springy, stopped and found this, would it be good to reinforce this area of the frame, and are there any pics of reinforcement's? It's a Warrior Tadpole.

if that is e-assist then the e-bit pulls the drive-side of the chain so hard it breaks the welds by trying to fold the trike in half. :)

Thinking of adding some type of Plate/gusset from the down tube to the rear wheel frame, reinforce that section.
That's the best way. Perhaps two gussets, one top and one bottom. Cut them from the same size box as the frame so it's the same width and then weld all round.

If it has broke where I think it has , the best repair is to triangulate between the drop outs and the main frame under the seat ?

Gussets just move the stress to the next piece of thinner steel ?

Paul

You can weld it and after that, ad 2 tubes that make triangles ad the underside. That will make it stronger.

It looks like that the weld was placed on the tube where the seat is mounted on and didn't connect the 2.

well I think we have it fixed, rewelded the broken weld and tool a plate and braced from the seat post back onto the rear frame. Rode it around and felt solid again. Thanks for all the input.

Last edited:
Still no pics, I hope your welding is better than your picture posting ;)