Fat tyred recumbent comming soon

I'm about to start a 20" fat tyred swb recumbent, being currently in the collecting parts phase. Work will start this weekend. I wanted a set of 26" wheels initially but almost all secondhand ones come with knobbly tyres attached and I'm no fan of using them on the road so I've plumped for a set of 20" ones off a Avigo Monster. Managed to pick up the whole bike for £60 - it was that little used that the tyres still have the manufacturing flashing on them!
In the meantime here's my previous efforts.

Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
Wow Mr Popshot - that's quite a collection you got there! You must have a lot of space for them all, if all in current use that is.

Here at Crank Towers I've recently had to decommission my SWB to free up some real estate, and recycle some parts.

The tilting trike looks a masterpiece for sure, great colour as well - not for the shy and retiring........:giggle:

Alas the only ones I still have are the python and the tilter. The python is that hard to ride it's had almost zero use. The tilter gets a lot of attention in use and is due for a spruce up after this new project is complete. It's fair to say I get more fun out of the building than the riding.
Darren

Steering and tilt are completely independent of each other. The video on my other thread should demonstrate this.

The python is that hard to ride it's had almost zero use. Darren
Darren

Nice to see you back ...

Python looks easy enough to make a bolt on trike rear end ?

If you made a wide iLean it would also tilt and with some sticktion in the tilt mechanism make sort of training wheels for it ?

regards Paul

Yes, I've certainly put that on my list of possibly maybees to do. Doubtless many others have made a better go of riding a python bike but I don't bounce as well as I used to even when comming off from such a low height so a trike is more appealing. Frankly that seat on it isn't much cop anyway. It looks nice enough but no matter what glue I use the pipe lagging constantly departs the tubes. Foamy handlerbar grips on 22mm tube may have been a better idea. The iLean does offend my sense of aesthetics somewhat though. I love the simplicity but not the visual nature of the fore / aft wheel arrangement so possibly one of the more complex arrangements or move the tilt behind the seat to allow it to tilt with the front wheel and then use left and right poles mounted behind the pivot to control tilt.

Hi
Nice selection of bikes
Somewhere in my mind is a plan to make a single wheel rear end to attach to my three wheeler python.
How hard can it be to ride a two wheeler?

Hard enough to require some padding and gloves. It's also quite possible I have the pivot at a less than perfect angle which I believe makes a massive difference. It's also possible that I simply didn't persevere enough as I do tend to take more pleasure from the build than the ride.