FAT TAD

I Just bought a fat tad from Utah trikes, i'm putting a 1000 watt
mid drive motor on it. I'm in the process of building another modified warrior too'

1000w is spanking the drive chain. Make sure the chain is quality and carry spare links and a chain tool. My 750w tsdz2 just snapped a medium quality chain today as I powered up a small hill. Fat tyres will further strain the chain.

Wow! Strictly off-road only in this country (250W/350W and/or 15MPH max on public roads) anything more and you are in trouble with the law.
With 1,000 W if you aren't in a nice low gear you may find that you snap the chain or start folding the trike in half (he said helpfully) ;)
Good Luck!

1000w is spanking the drive chain. Make sure the chain is quality and carry spare links and a chain tool. My 750w tsdz2 just snapped a medium quality chain today as I powered up a small hill. Fat tyres will further strain the chain.
Will do, never snaps chain but first time for everything. My trails are mostly flat and I don’t go crazy on the throttle. I just use when I’m tired snd need a break

What kind of gearing is there? A normal cassette/derailer won't appreciate changing gears under full load.
And most IGH's neither. My 750W mid drive ate 2 Alfine 11 in 18 months. Now using a gear-sensor that shuts down the motor when the gear cable moves even a bit.

You never suppose to get the girl pegnant unwillingly.... Still, the question stands. What gear-train are you using?

Back