Electric chestnut harvest sled

Hello, all !
I am a DIY entusiast and have learned much from the AtomicZombie site and plans.

Inspired by Brad's creations, I am building an e-powered sled to assist in harvesting chestnuts on my nascent commercial chestnut orchard in West Central Illinois. The core of the device is constructed from two hacked mountain bike frames.

Essential features are: low to the ground, stand-on, driven by two independently controlled, rear hub motors, castering front wheels, with steering by differential throttle. Hub motors are geared, low ground speed, high torque electric wheelbarrow motors, sourced from the Chinese manufacturer through Alibaba, and are due to arrive tomorrow.

Much work is yet to be done. To give a general idea, I will attach a photo of the core of the frame to this post (if I figure out how). I will attempt to post a build blog of the project in the Yard and Farm section of these forums.

Looking forward to you comments!
Mike S.
Atlas Nuts

There are numerous free photo hosting sites.

Below are a couple that are used here on AZ

I'm currently using imgbb. I have it saved to my task bar, for quick use.
See 'Posting Photo's', post #23 & #32 (In General Chat )
https://imgbb.com/

https://postimages.org/
Ed,
Thanks. So once the images are uploaded to imgbb, I copy the viewer links and paste them as texts in my message? Which of the Viewer Codes formats should I use?

Ed,
Thanks. So once the images are uploaded to imgbb, I copy the viewer links and paste them as texts in my message? Which of the Viewer Codes formats should I use?
If you want your photos to display like the one below, then use ( BBCode full linked )
Post # 32, shows what you get, when using each of the different codes.

NOTE: See the url for "easy ballad poems" below the photo?
It's a 'live' website. If you click on it, it will open.
imgbb likes to sneak in extra stuff now and then. Look for it on each photo upload.
If it's there, delete just that line. I have to use 'backspace' in order to do it.

If you forget after you've posted, just 'edit' and delete it then.

easy ballad poems

Last edited: