Ed's 'INFERNO' Trike Build

Last edited:
Hi Ed, although I'm not involved with bikes any more I cant wait to see this one finished.
I think I can beat you though with my giant binocular for a project duration :ROFLMAO:

Hi Ed, although I'm not involved with bikes any more I cant wait to see this one finished.
I think I can beat you though with my giant binocular for a project duration :ROFLMAO:
Hi Savarin

Great to hear from you.
Ditto, on the 'can't wait'. With the new shop comes renewed enthusiasm, along with the extra working space.

I remember your 'giant binocular', from your contribution to the "My Other Talent" thread.
03/04/2017 Post#133

From that I deduced, that you started started Sept 25, 2014 and finished?...last entry was Nov 26, 2017.
Not sure if that was about the time you completed your project...but that figures to be 3 years & 2 months.
Correct/update me if the information I got this from isn't accurate.

I started the INFERNO Mar 22, 2013.....and it's still not finished. To this date (Feb 16, 2019, that would be 5 years 11 months.

I'm a little embarrassed to say anything about how long it's taken. Emma (Twinkle) has turned out a whole fleet of bikes in less time.

Oh! and yes, I still have the 'flames' you sent me, thank you. I will be using them, just want to make sure they fit the scheme of things.

Take care, and if you have any 'Other Talents', put it/them on the MY Other Talent, so it can continue on the updated website.

Last edited:
You made me go back to have a look, my earliest drawing I can find are from Oct 2010 but these are reasonably late in the designing phase.
I know I was still working when I started.
I think the first welding took place around Feb 2011 and they are still not done.
Getting close to sand blasting the trusses but no where close to grinding glass.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Greetings Savarin, old friend! LONG time no see!
Just began checking in here myself about a week ago, after approximately a 5 year hiatus!
Hope U are well! :)

Last edited:
I've often thought of becoming a procrastinator, I might have a go some day.
G'day Sir J, hows things?
I cant believe how long ago it was we last spoke.
At the moment we are still drying out from the floods that have devastated our state although we escaped the worst others were not so lucky.
My current projects are a small steam engine but thats just a gap filler when I get hung up on the giant bino.
I wanted it to power the tilting trike I was almost ready to finish when I had to stop riding.
I cant find anyone as stupid as myself who wants to finish building the beast. Its a give away for anyone who will try to finish it.
Now I'm building telescopes.
The full story of the bino is here
The 3" refractor is here
I dont know if you can follow the threads without signing up.
Hows your health?
Mines way better since I started keto a bit more than a year ago, down 20 Kg, no insulin injections, blood pressure down, blood sugars well under control etc etc. All round benefits but the dieticians still hate it although my Doc is wrapped in the results.
With so many old friends still here I should look in more I think.
Take care everyone as no one else will do it for you.
The drying out Sav.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
G'day to U 2, Sav!

Ah yes, nice to see the great genius with all his amazing & varied projects is still at it! (y)

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Hi Folks
I am still here but taking a rest from building whilst I have been clearings mums house and moving my workshop back to Peacehaven,
The 20/20's have been rebuilt during January and we have started using them again .
Project X is now over in Peacehaven with us and is undergoing more shake down rides having been dormant since August .

Ken and l hope to start building again once the garage has been cleared of the excess furniture and things from mums house clearing.
Twenty builds since l started on AZ and we have enough bits for 2 more at the back of the garage.