Ed, what happens?

Eds (Edspedalcars) last post about his StreetRunner dates from more than a month ago. Since august 12 no update has been made to his story.
I noticed that he regularly passes by to view the forum.
Dear Ed, I know there are terrific fires in California. I hope you and your family are ok and are spared from the inferno there.
I lookout to read the sequel of your chronicle.
Regards,
Jan

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Yes to all of that!
I regularly think of all of our DIY friends in the US during these unstable times.
Covid is starting to growl a bit more here in Ontario, but out here in the middle of nowhere, I suddenly feel lucky to be so isolated.

Wishing you all well.
Hope to hear from you soon too, Ed.

Brad

Ed, I follow Jan's en Brads line. Any sign is better than nothing. Ignorance ain't bliss.

To make it more worrysome...
I have direct contact with a firefighter who is battleing "the August Complex". It looks grim. The only hope the combatants have there is a favor from mother nature, a more humid wind for a few hours.

On Covid. I wish I had a bug out option. But in Western Europe, that is about impossible, everything seems to be in a days walk range.

Thank you, everyone.

Very kind of you to be thinking of me.
I haven't been working on the car lately, as it has either been too hot, too cold, too windy, and now it's too smokey.

We are quite a ways from the actual fires, but we are getting the smoke, quite strongly.
Ash all over my vehicles, and at times hard to breathe without a mask, even inside my shop.

I have been quite, active campaigning so to speak. Brad, you are so right to keep this site free of political posting.
It's like a breath of fresh air to come here and know that everyone is more interested in building things, than politics.
But over on ES I've been quite active. Probably not the best for maintaining stress levels.

The COVID has kept us pretty much housebound, except trips to necessary stores.

I have the metal top welded on and I'm spot welding here and there.
At the moment I'm looking at how to do the seat braces and trying to sort out how I want the seats to look.

Maybe I will get it out of the shop and take a couple of pictures just to show what it looks like now.

Thank you so much for the concern. I don't get that often.
That is why I like this website and the friends I have here.

Glad you and yours are okay, some areas down there are really getting hammered between storms, fires etc
Thanks, Hugh

I think tomorrow I will roll out the car and maybe try making a walk-around video.
I cleaned up the shop the other day, so it will be easy to move it out and back again.

Yay! So pleased to hear that you folks are OK :D

Yay! So pleased to hear that you folks are OK :D
Thanks, Danny

I got the car out this morning before too much heat.
It was quite nice out this morning. Most of the smoke has left and there isn't any wind.
So had time to take these pics and make a solar pipe leak repair on the roof.