E-bike brake advice needed

I'm working on 2 E-bike setups, both work with true torque sensors, i.e. the motor only assist you when you apply torque.
My concern is about the brake control. E-bike brakes handles includes a motor disconnect switch.
You wouldn't pedal when you brake, so is that switch necessary with a torque sensor setup?

Motors rend to run for half a second to a second after any input has stopped. The cut offs make that run on stop immediately. I've had a few ebikes without the cut offs and just make the brakes work slightly harder to counteract it.

Thanks, I expected there be a reason.
I can't use a factory fitted brake lever on one of my projects, but I have a set, have anyone removed the sensor from the brake handle?
The other option I have is the brake sensors used on hydraulic brakes, with a magnet releasing the switch, anyone used them?
One of the e-motor is a Tongsheng and the cables on the brake is very short, anyone extended them?

I have used the brake sensor for the Bafang system made to adapt hydraulic brakes to the controller. It consists of the switch body which has the wires leading to the controller and a small round rare earth magnet. On my bike I cut a small piece of thin tin roughly 1 1/2" by 3/4" and bent it around the bracket the brake pivots on. It took a little trimming with snips to get the fit right. Then I used JB weld to fasten it to the bracket. Note it must be mounted as close to the brake lever as possible. Then the magnet was epoxied to the brake lever. The 2 pieces must almost be touching when the brake is not applied. The magnet keeps the switch open and as soon as the brake lever moves the motor power is cut. Been working great for over 4 years.

With my Tongsheng system on the delta trike I had the same issue of the cables being a bit short. I think someone may offer extended cables but was unable to locate them. One easy solution would be just use one of the brake hookups

I'm working on 2 E-bike setups, both work with true torque sensors, i.e. the motor only assist you when you apply torque.
My concern is about the brake control. E-bike brakes handles includes a motor disconnect switch.
You wouldn't pedal when you brake, so is that switch necessary with a torque sensor setup?
Not needed. I don't have it on my motor and that works also with a torque sensor. The motor stops as you stop pedaling.
You will need it with a throttle. Not that the motor does not stop as you let go, but it is fir as you hold throttle instead letting go.

With a motor like a bafang, you will feel that the motor keeps running very short as you stop peddling. That is why with those motors you see those brakes.

Extending cables is no problem. They have extension cables, but you can also solder an other cable in between.