Down Under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ (continued)

Hi all,

It's been a few years since I joined this wonderful site, and on the archived forum, you'll find my build blog of my F-RQ (Down under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ) https://www.forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/2901-Down-Under-Fast-Recumbent-Quad-F-RQ
Due to the immense size of the archived post, I'll be referring to the specific posts and explaining how I am now rectifying the errors that I made in my first attempt of the F-RQ.
Due to the fact the F-RQ has never technically been ridden, these new modifications are just to make it ride-able, not making it the second variant or F-RQ2.

Ok, bought the Streetfighter plans way back in 2009 and started building my first set of wheels, basic frame etc, but before long, the F-RQ started to take on a life of it's own, so I'll figure out how to upload pics, remove a lot of the by-the-way builds, eg tall bikes (7 various sizes 16" - 24") gravity racers,(5) carts (2), a Hammerhead Trike and various other bits and pieces, and then re-post the original pics, and show the improvements replacing the original bits.

PeterT

I still remember your thread back in the day!

I haven't managed to build anything as my poor health has gotten in the way and I never learned to weld (I have been enjoying my electric bike over the years though). Visited this forum again after seeing a nice cargo bike build on youtube and seeing if there was any sort of bike building scene locally. Bit of a coincidence that you were back here on the same day!

I remember AussieJester's sweet trike builds too (in Perth), but I can't remember if he was here in addition to the EndlessSphere forum...

Link stopped working, the same day I restarted my forum thread, RadBrad had to dump the old claggy server, and I never got to save a backup copy

That would be Lyn's backyard you have found! 😉
So the Flickr account is working here, cool!

All those that want to follow the build blog of the F-RQ, without the commentary, here you go!

Now when I upload the modifications to Flickr, I can't lose them, and you can all find the comparison pics 😋😋😋😄

Ok first major upgrade, is the steering wheel has been rewired, so I can use all 13 switches on the steering wheel.
This now means that when I have the finances, I'll be getting linear servo motors so I can have electronic gear shifting, with the thumb pads giving finger tip gear shifting, not cable pull

Which meant I had to redesign the steering tube, so all 15 wires could comfortably fit down the middle of the shaft, and yet still attach to a 1/2" socket extension shaftSteering shaft mod

Which also meant that because I had the steering wheel pulled apart, it was the perfect time to replace the nylon bearing with something betterSteering wheel bearing mod