Does anyone remember a CAD drawing done of a single sprocket driving 2 free wheels ? old forum ?

Hi all

Off old forum :-

Does anyone remember a CAD drawing done of a single sprocket driving 2 free wheels ?

The sprocket was sandwiched between 2 free wheels and bolted together with 6mm ? bolts through the free wheel teeth ?

Was it for a pseudo 2 wheel drive for a delta ? or something else ?

Seem to remember a Australian being involved ?

Savarin ? maybe ???

Lothrko.

That is not what I remember ...

However beautiful workmanship as always , very innovative driving a drum brake like that

I think I know what you are talking about. I recall seeing something along the lines of:

Take two freewheels and place them cheek to cheek.
Lay a bolt across the two freewheels between the teeth - where the chain rollers sit.
Remove the bolt.
Sandwich a drive sprocket between the freewheels.
Drill holes through the sprocket so that the bolt can pass through it.

There is your single sprocket/double freewheel drive.

grabcad.com is a good source of CAD files for many different things. Saw it in a video the other day.

vk3ckc

Yes that sounds like it , I was curious how the drive got from the inner freewheel part to the drive shafts ?

V10-exploded.jpg

That sprocket only provided a single speed drive. The multi-gear cassette was required to be mounted elsewhere.

Apologies for being (very) late to the party, but is this what you're referring to? These were from a thread by Savarin for a freewheel differential design to drive both rear wheels on a delta trike.

freewheel-diff1.jpg

freewheel-diff2.jpg

Apologies for being (very) late to the party, but is this what you're referring to? These were from a thread by Savarin for a freewheel differential design to drive both rear wheels on a delta trike.

freewheel-diff1.jpg

freewheel-diff2.jpg

That is how I would make it.

Nice images.

freewheel-diff1.jpg

freewheel-diff2.jpg

Oh my... I think this has finally clicked for me... Seeing the bottom portion of the picture, the angle really helps. I think what I fail to understand now is do the same bolts go through the entire diff?

Last edited:
I believe they do then the free wheels screw to the collars and the shafts fasten to the collars with the grub screws ?

However I have not built one.

Just always though they were neat and wish I had a use for one .......

Paul

Back