Delta Trike Conversion

Hi there

I would have thought the seat height would be to much to make a stable/safe recumbent trike.

As we are predominately home builders I would have though you were more likely to get a reply on BROL where you may find someone who has done that ?

Paul

Hi: Thanks for the reply. I would be modifying the bike myself, so I thought that this might fit. Having seen other delta style trikes, I don't think that this would be too high, as it has a 20" rear wheel, which is common for this style of trike. See the Hase Kettweisel for reference. A tadpole style would be too low for the intended user. I have been a member of the AZ community for 10 years, so I am aware of the main agenda of the community

Hi: Thanks for the reply. I would be modifying the bike myself, so I thought that this might fit. Having seen other delta style trikes, I don't think that this would be too high, as it has a 20" rear wheel, which is common for this style of trike. See the Hase Kettweisel for reference.

Yes however the Hase does not have the seat above the 20" wheel ? and I believe the Rans does ?
I have been a member of the AZ community for 10 years, so I am aware of the main agena of the community
Good man , have to it !

However I think you would be better served build something from Brads plans rather than being restrained by the limitations of that bike you bought.

At the end of your day both either succeed or fail on your ability to build a powered rear axle ?

Why not copy one of Brad's plan's axle , if successful you could then either weld some tab's on it and bolt it to your existing frame , or then build the rest of the frame ?

regards Paul

ps if you intend to go with your frame I suspect you will need to have a rear track of at least 30" maybe 36" to stop it tipping over ?

Most that I have seen, used a rear of an other trike or build a copy of that system. Some used a diff, but most power just one wheel or a solid axle.