Danny's Daily Delta

The more I look ad your Trike Danny and the one from Paul, the more I get interested in it.
It has some advantages for what I want yo do and that is touring. But I also love my current Trike. It's fast and I can go fast trough corners.
But your Trike has the advage that you can easily ad something on the back for luggage.
Also the shorter chain makes that it is more efficient.

But how is it with the speed?
I love to go a bit faster and now I go ad smooth roads easily 25km/h and faster. Hoe is that on such a Trike? Is it also fast, or is it mainly for lower speeds?
And how is it in corners? Do you need yo slowdown more than on other trikes?
And why only move the front wheel and not hang with your body? That looks gor me better in cornering.

The more I look ad your Trike Danny and the one from Paul, the more I get interested in it.
It has some advantages for what I want yo do and that is touring. But I also love my current Trike. It's fast and I can go fast trough corners.
But your Trike has the advage that you can easily ad something on the back for luggage.
Also the shorter chain makes that it is more efficient.
These questions are not easy to answer ?
There are only 2 Python riders on here and 1 novice.
All the Pythons seem to handle differently and no one has ridden all 3
They can be built short , they appear to have more luggage space than a tadpole.

I love to go a bit faster and now I go ad smooth roads easily 25km/h and faster. Hoe is that on such a Trike? Is it also fast, or is it mainly for lower speeds?
And how is it in corners? Do you need yo slowdown more than on other trikes?
And why only move the front wheel and not hang with your body? That looks gor me better in cornering.
Fast cannot really be quantified ?
Unless a tadpole had the same wheelbase ,track , seat height , rider weight , riding conditions as a Python then it is not possible to compare them [ or with any other trike for that matter ]
The 2 wheeled python's are somewhat notorious for poor handling at speed , however most of those reports are speeds over 40 km/h don't forget 90% of the 2 wheeler's have the bars on the non-steering rear end .
I am a slow rider [ age ] and also am more interested in carrying a useful amount of luggage and my camping gear than going fast.
On a flat route riding the best I can achieve is probably 28 km/h which feels quite safe to me on mine.
Riding with no luggage I can see speeds approaching 45 km/h [ downhill ] I am not pedaling at those speeds and will only do it on a known road and an almost straight run.

Perhaps Pegasus will be along as he has a couple of years Python riding as well.

Last edited:
I am definitely the novice on Python's here, mine has existed as a ride able machine for only a few weeks and I have done very few miles on it so I am not qualified to answer.
My Python trike is a lot higher than Paul's and probably a lot less "inherently stable" when maneuvering at speed. But.... I'm not really interested in "speed" only comfort, easy transport & storage of the trike when not in use.
I have ridden alongside Paul (me on an e-assist Tadpole and Paul on his Python and he had no problem keeping up with me at all at 12Mph/ c.19Kph).
So far the Python has been a pleasure to ride (bar the silly mishap) but I do not feel as "safe" on downhill stretches whereas the Tadpole feels much more planted on the road. But.... the tadpoles seat is 20cm from the ground and the Python's is about 40cm from the ground. The Python definitely isn't for racing, more plodding along briskly and getting there.

When you ride a Phyton you are balancing the steering with preasure on both feet simultaneously
and that works best if you have resistance from the pedals.
So if you go down hill or reach a speed when you can't pedal any faster the ride becomes wobbly.
My phyton, because of the gearing, reaches that point at about 35km/h.

OK thanks for the info.
For me high speeds are around 25km/h, so not the very high speeds as many people do that passes me in there spandex or the velomobile that passed me yesterday.
Ordering today the seat, so I haven't decided what direction I go. I wait for the seat and look ad what I can get in parts.