Danny's Daily Delta

Ok going to look like a wasp then ?

Where do you get them 10 for £1 , last I bought were 50p each !

Paul

Ok going to look like a wasp then ?

Where do you get them 10 for £1 , last I bought were 50p each !

Paul
Figure of speech.... meaning "Cheap-as-chips-rubbish".

Update 1st May 2020:

May-day, May-day (from the French M'aider (help me)).

A few more bits of the trike have been painted (in the 2nd Colour (Black)).
I need to let this dry off and harden up a bit and then I can move these bits into the conservatory and start on the centre and rear sections of the frame.

I just hope that the Titebond holding the frame joints together is waterproof. 🤪

Not sure whether to solder some sacrificial Stainless washers onto the rear spar of the main frame to provide a "scraping patch" for the seat mount that can have its paint scraped off and yet not go rusty.

Hmmm

SA twist grip
SA brake lever
SA brake lever

an interloper ? looks like a Shimano bar end shifter

:LOL:

Hmmm

SA twist grip
SA brake lever
SA brake lever

an interloper ? looks like a Shimano bar end shifter

:LOL:
Yup, I do have a SA bar-end, perhaps I should swap it out and have the complete set.

Update 2nd April 2020:
10:00 AM-ish...
I've been up for a couple of hours and the 2 sections of the main frame have had a splash of colour added.
The main keel section has now had 2 coats of Yellow and the rear live-axle has had one.
As I was advised prior to beginning the paint job, Yellow is a terrible colour in terms of coverage; a pale undercoat would have helped, but I have none available. Never mind, its a gay-bike day-bike not an artwork.
4-Hours between coats apparently, so I should be able to get some more paint on it today. :)

Update 16:01:
The main keel had its second coat of Yellow and the masking tape was removed and it is now curing off in the warmth of the conservatory alongside the front triangle.
The rear live-axle has also had its second coat of yellow paint but is still held in a vise on the workbench and will probably have its masking tape taken off later today.
Then when the yellow paint has cured sufficiently, the black paint can go on. :)

Last edited:
Update 3rd May 2020:

Today I put the first of 2 coats of the black paint on the main frame sections. Gosh! What a pain to mask it all up again for the reverse operation from before.

I like it! :D Although it may be not to everyone's tastes. I even took parts of the tadpole to bits where it had no paint and painted that too.

4 hours in-between coats, so I should get the second and final coat on today.

Was the paint scheme inspired by a car park barrier!;)
More by........ "Sorry.... I didn't see you there mate!" :mad: - From motorists.
Might look total carp but the idea was generally to be visually distinctive and I have a real dislike of wasps who I find to be unpleasant insects with attitude.
The yellow front frame with the black mudguard made me think "Wasp" and it sort of developed from there. SWMBO was also keen to see the scheme put onto the trike.
She also mentions a film called Transformers and something called "Bumblebee".

Last edited:
Update 3rd May 2020:
Latest.....
All masking tape removed and the final horror wonderful colour-scheme can be seen properly.
I'm reasonably pleased that it has come out so well to be honest.
Of course the paint will all peel off at all contact-points on reassembly of the trike. :ROFLMAO:

It will hopefully be suitably "noticeable" on the road.

She also mentions a film called Transformers and something called "Bumblebee".
I did witness you ' transform ' it did involve beer and you definitely

did not look like a robot when done......

I did witness you ' transform ' it did involve beer and you definitely

did not look like a robot when done......
Yes, I believe you have witnessed my gradual transformation from sober upright citizen to overly enthusiastic party-person after a little too much of the falling-down juice. :ROFLMAO:
But what fun we all had.

Update: May the Fourth be with you,

Greetings my fellow Jedi Knights.
I was a little disappointed to find that the paint under the section that was held in a piece of soft leather in the vise jaws had all become broken and distorted.
A re-coat was required. Hammerite takes a longish time to dry it seems (especially when daubed on with a plasterer's trowel). ;)

It may be some time before I am able to fully reassemble the trike. We shall see.

Just a few other spots of the trike require a little paintwork attention and it shall be done.
I have put the rear-wheel backplates back on and the front triangle and wheel, so we are back to a rolling frame :D

I can now store it properly and add the "ancillaries" bit by bit.
I am not disappointed in how it has turned out. BOLD and eye-wateringCatching. indeed.

I find it so difficult to work in confined space. And working outside means working on the floor.
It is especially galling that the bigger granny-gear sprocket prevents you from adding/removing the chain tensioner.
Fighting with a double jointed trike is just NO-FUN!!
Every mounting of the front wheel is a fight and I had to have it in/out of there 3 times.:mad::mad::mad:

The only good news is that the "rocking of the front end is cured with the addition of the extra steel and bolts.
And at this point the player retired hurt/disillusioned/fed-up/angry/cheesed-off/looking for petrol & matches (pick one). :mad:

Last edited:
Update 5th May 2020:

I put ALL the bits back on and added the front mudguard for the first time.

It looks quite neat and compact. A test ride may occur later today.

Looking good.
You don't need a mudguard. It gives something extra's as you drive trough the mud without one. 😂
Except when you inadvertently ride through dog-💩or cow-💩. Then a front mudguard is very much appreciated. ;)