crazy idea or not??

being a disabled person and building trikes while sitting on a wheeled stool I am thinking of maybe cobbling together a three wheeled power wheel chain device.
go with a tadpole design (one wheel in back, 2 wheels in front, all 20 inch) and have a really short wheel base, like 12-14 inches. Basically a chain with handle bars and a hub drive rear wheel w/ reverse ( would use a front wheel hub drive as gears are not desired). Looking at prices for the power scooters and they are way over priced.
Need to look at design for wheel clearances etc but really wonder if this idea is feasible?

Website
miscdotgeek.com
I'm pretty thick headed, so take this with a grain of salt: I don't understand what you mean by "power wheel chain device" or "a chain with handle bars". Are you considering this as a mobility type scooter, or some other purpose? Definitely interested, just don't get it yet :)

I'm pretty thick headed, so take this with a grain of salt: I don't understand what you mean by "power wheel chain device" or "a chain with handle bars". Are you considering this as a mobility type scooter, or some other purpose? Definitely interested, just don't get it yet :)
DITTO !

Website
miscdotgeek.com
Maybe so !
But the 'n' is a long ways from 'r', on the keyboard.
On a PC yes, but on a tablet where autocorrect is involved, maybe not ;) I do think that he meant chair and in that case, a trike with a hub wheel motor might work. I'm interested to see how this idea turns out.