Camper for my trike build.

Emiel

So Germany ?

going somewhere in particular ?

Cycling from your home ?

How far ?

Paul
I start from my home and ride about 450km to Hamburg in Germany. There lives a man that also build the Paul Elkins camper. He made changes to the design and I used a part of his design to improve the design from Elkins.

I stsy in his garden for a few days and make some day trips in the serounding. After that, I will ride back home. I can ride in my own pace and camp in the wild. Tgat is allowed with a camper.

I start from my home and ride about 450km to Hamburg in Germany. There lives a man that also build the Paul Elkins camper. He made changes to the design and I used a part of his design to improve the design from Elkins.

I stsy in his garden for a few days and make some day trips in the serounding. After that, I will ride back home. I can ride in my own pace and camp in the wild. Tgat is allowed with a camper.
Wow that is some shake down ride !

Good luck with it all.

look forward to a ride report when you are back.

Paul

Almost finished tomorrow it will be finished. I could gave finished it today, but I was tired and it was hot. So I stopped and did some things in the evening.
Things to do. Ad a lock, ad the lights ad the back, ad holes to the legs, fix all the wires and connect the mppt charger to the solar panels.
So not much work anymore.
Saturday I finish my trike. Just need to connect the lights and switch a brake lever. Sunday pack and Monday I leave. 😊

I also added reflector tape on the sides and a lock on the door, but other than that, this is how it now looks. I only need to drill extra holes on the legs, but that is it.
The only thing that needs to be done, is preparing the 12v part on my trike and then is it ready. But that will I do Saturday.

I will cut a part away ad the rear bottom part. Just for the looks.
The strips below the 2 reflectors are led strips that are red, but also work as indicators.

WOW is all I can say....

Hope it goes well for the trip.

I start from my home and ride about 450km to Hamburg in Germany
That's about 7 days continuous riding in my world.

Paul

WOW is all I can say....

Hope it goes well for the trip.

That's about 7 days continuous riding in my world.

Paul
I take some tools with me for as something happens.
450km is according Google just under 23 hours riding on a bicycle, but I will take ad least 3 days and probably 4 days. I hope to reach about 18km/h average, but as I see the German cycling infrastructure, I am afraid that it will be a lot lower.

I take some tools with me for as something happens.
450km is according Google just under 23 hours riding on a bicycle, but I will take ad least 3 days and probably 4 days. I hope to reach about 18km/h average, but as I see the German cycling infrastructure, I am afraid that it will be a lot lower.
Bonne Chance/Veel Geluk/Good Luck .. You are undertaking a mammoth ride with 2 fairly new and relatively unproven machines. I take my hat off to you Sir! :)
Will you be keeping a blog? I hope the weather is kind to you and the trailer isn't a big sail holding you back or dragging you around.

I take my time and cruise to my destination. 😊
My trike is good, that I know because I tested it with some nice long rides ad high speed. Now I ho slower, so it will be not that hard as it normally is for it. The camper isn't tested other than I know it is water proof and that I fit in it. 😂
I take some tools with me and it is easily to fix if needed. But it feels strong.

The distance is for me not a problem, but that it isn't in the Netherlands can be a problem. Here we have good quality, but as I look ad Germany, than that isn't the case. Ad the mountains that I need to climb and the limited cycling infrastructure.
Our highest point in the Netherlands, we need to share with Germany and Belgium. For every other country, that wouldn't even be mentioned as a hill.😂😂

But I have seen that I pass several German camper builders along the way, so there is always help nearby. 😊

I will post on my Instagram, but as I am back, I will post images and maybe videos of the trip.

Today I got it down the stairs with some help. The weight isn't a problem, but the sice is. I couldn't lift it alone, so with some help us was down with no problems.
Finished the electrics and the lights work now. Tomorrow I need to cleanup the wires on my trike and drill a few holes in the legs. I got hot that today. The camper is further ready.
My own build battery goes incide the camper and not on my trike. It can be mounted on my trike, but I choose not to, because as I go shopping, it isn't locked.

I already got some food. Noodles and soop. This is just so I have something, but tomorrow I get some food for the first few days.

I want to go already, but I need to wait till Monday, because of my vaccination.
I didn't go on a holiday for 27 years, so I can't wait to finally go.

Project and trip very cool. I'm Jealous. Impressive getting it organized and together in the deadline.
Take a big roll of duct tape for everyone worried about no testing 😅.

I am now about 200km from my destination. Had some problems on my wat with the arm. That is nos replaced and works great now.
I will tell later more about it as I am ad my destination. I want yo be there saterday and have then WiFi.
I will also post pictures.

The confort is way better then I expected. It sleeps great, way better than a tent.

Go Emiel Go

We are envious

Paul

I am now about 200km from my destination. Had some problems on my wat with the arm. That is nos replaced and works great now.
I will tell later more about it as I am ad my destination. I want yo be there saterday and have then WiFi.
I will also post pictures.

The confort is way better then I expected. It sleeps great, way better than a tent.
Congratulations on this achievement Emiel. :D
We envy you your experience on such a lovely journey.

Thank you all.
I had a good day today. Had to safe my battery, but still 120km and 50% left and I started with 62% today. Tomorrow I will use the last 50% to go to a camp site and stay there for one night. Maybe I need to take an extra day, but I will see how it goes. After that, I ho to my German friend.

Can't wait to meet him.

So far it is even with the problems I had the first 2 days, a great experience. I learned a lot that helps to improve my camper.
My trike is doing great. Just crazy that a self build trike can do such things.
As soon as I have the opportunity, I will upload some videos that are made by someone else and some photos.
Going 35kmh on a German cycle lane is crazy, but I did, while my camper was carried by a small 3 wheeled moped.

Must say, the German drivers here are great. I get a lot of space and many let me go first. They don't complain as you go slow and just wait.
The Germans are wonderful people.
Only the roads are terrible. I think that I am just spoiled with the Dutch roads. 😊

I am now on a camping. It is great. Tomorrow 60km but with full batteries, so no problem. Then 2 days rest and then slowly back home.

The camper tracks a lot of attention and people love it. A trike and the camper makes it more interesting.

As you have the opportunity to do this, do it. It is great.