bring back to life=my "T-bucket of bolts"

Started this build many moons ago and has not been used for couple of years.
Many issues such as underpowered = battery drain to high and it has "VW Syndrome" on the rear wheels.
plan is to remove the freewheel differential, upgrade the brakes and insert a section of pipe to fit over the rear axles to help prevent the "VW SYNDROME_ (wheels tilting inward at the top".
never figured out why the wheels tilt.
Then install motor kit similar to what Ed pedal cars but only one motor driving one wheel. Presently has 500 watt cyclone motor but no reverse on 24v.
1800watts vers 500 hopefully help as it will be used as a "golf cart" around town.

here are pics from 3 years ago. Put away but thinking of revamping it.

been contemplating this revamp build.
The kit with motor etc WAS $209 but went to actually purchase couple days later = $309
now a battery pack. Thinking wet call or Lipo4 or even NMhi battery.
was/am contemplating a one wheel drive but fat tires making me wonder. Looking at a differential maybe?
Am only running one motor but researching what Ed has done maybe two motors?? May be cheaper than buying a differential?
looked at Samaga differentials but they use a 24mm? axle

Was the price increase an Ebay thing? I've often seen sellers hike the price on an item that's being watched in the hope you don't spot that hike before you click buy. Presumably other platforms like Ali Express have that too though I've yet to see it. If you unwatch it it may return to the usual price in a day or two.

How about an angle grinder diff?

The build quality is pretty poor but the general idea is there.

looking at the samagaga differential BUT it states for 18" wheels. I have 26" fat tires so that is basically out as well.
Looking for a small lightweight differential that will handle the 26" fat tires and a differential will hopefully cure the "volks wagen" effect

After conferring with Samagaga, they have a heavy duty differential (DG72CHD)
uses 25mm axles that are hollow BUT due to shortages, they are back ordered.
My plan is to keep looking for a good used lawn tractor differential and/or start dissembling the hot rod and wait.

found on Ebay an MTD riding mower differential. Waiting for length and axle size before purchasing.
MAYBE a solution?

paid for the differential. Came off a 20hp MTD mower.
Now comes the hard part, making longer axles. Differentiial is 30 inches long and I need 52 inch's aprox.

it is just a belt drive which will be changed to chain drive
I received my motor via Fed x with no instructions on connections. I believe Ed posted a schematic.
Looking at batteries and contemplating going with SLA deep cycle batteries for the 48 volts.
need 48 volts with about 15-20 ah rating so 4 - 12v SLA batteries are way cheaper than a Li-Ion battery. Four can be had for $200 vers $459 for a shark pack Li-ion.
next on my list is a battery monitor and speedometer. Hour meter be nice.
wonder what Ed is using for batteries and display?
tomorrow start dismantling non essential parts like peddles and freewheel differential.
NOTE toning down my projects so have a recumbent w/rear hub drive, a 2x1 trike (built from an up wrong bike as well as a delta style cart are all for sale as is LOTS of bike parts (wheels, tires, tubes, gear freewheel clusters, detailers , bearings for headsets etc.
Will post pics of unfinished projects.

I received my MTD mower differential and now some calculations
tires are 29" diameter
differential is 13.5 to 1
electric motor = 4500 rpm less 10% for miscellaneous.
top speed desired = 15mph
looking at 25 to 1 total ratio.
need to make axles longer
after I get my trike back on the road will start connecting all the bits and pieces.

Idaho

Suggest you take the time to read through my thread on Endless Sphere.
In that thread we talked about using different size motors, a number of motors, controllers, gearing, etc.
It may be well worth the time to read through it.

The battery issue especially and how I ended up with the Nissan Leaf battery pack.
FYI - my 48-volt battery is well over a year sitting and never been charged. Still holding its charge @ 56.7 volts.
Expensive yes. But as you will see in the ES thread you need a lot of LA batteries to do the same thing.
I even discussed the need for 48 volts with my local Battery Mart and they concurred. It would take a number of batteries to do what I needed.
Thus the expensive but much lighter (70ish lbs) battery system.

And again FWIW, I believe your 'TACO/Volkswagon' effect is solely due to your frame/axle support design.
I have much more weight on mine and there is no such problem.

Hope this helps in some small way.