Body on a Warrior frame ?

Hi all

Anyone else seen this ?

A coroplast body on a Warrior frame.

The front is exactly what I want to build to mount on the Python for this winter ....

Nice job

Looks good but he doesn't have a hinged frame to cater for so his implementation is a bit easier than yours may be.
Is it just your feet/shins you want the body to cover?

Looks good but he doesn't have a hinged frame to cater for so his implementation is a bit easier than yours may be.
Not really I have a set of handle bars that are fastened to the front and move with it , so the nose can be locked on to the bars when closed and pivoted like his to get in and out.

Is it just your feet/shins you want the body to cover?
All the way to my neck if possible and certainly with hands inside it if possible as well.

Not really I have a set of handle bars that are fastened to the front and move with it , so the nose can be locked on to the bars when closed and pivoted like his to get in and out.

All the way to my neck if possible and certainly with hands inside it if possible as well.
I'm sure this will sound daft, but have you considered butchering a wheelie-bin, a 55 Gallon plastic drum or similar?

Last edited:
I'm sure this will sound daft, but have you considered butchering a wheelie-bin, or similar?
Well you have achieve 5 stars for sounding daft *

However only 1 star * for the suggestion ?

Have you seen the aerodynamics and weight of a wheelie bin ?

I see, well I shall leave you to your coroplast capers then :D

I don't think I mentioned coroplast ? did I ???
No, you just showed us all a picture of one on a Warrior and drooled over it. ;)

No, you just showed us all a picture of one on a Warrior and drooled over it. ;)
The front is exactly what I want to build to mount on the Python for this winter ....
You read more into this than what was said ?

Plywood is the weapon of choice , light , easily formed and more durable than coroplast (y)

You read more into this than what was said ?

Plywood is the weapon of choice , light , easily formed and more durable than coroplast (y)
Sounds good to me, everything I have ever encountered made from coroplast has always come to a crumpled end.
Are you/will you be dry-forming or building a steam cabinet to assist with the forming or just water-soaking the ply?
I can see the attraction in having weather protection and some streamlining for sure.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Looks like we have a competition on our hands as, having tried a plywood route and found trike obesity setting in, I am going the plastic route. Maybe I will reach a point where I will have an obvious choice between the two. There will definitely be no pictures until something has worked.

I am currently in the two steps backward part of the Three steps forward, Two steps backward system of things and need to catch back up to the turnaround point with the benefits of improvements. Still a long way from starting the body.

It's all fun, ain't it?

Looks like we have a competition on our hands as, having tried a plywood route and found trike obesity setting in, I am going the plastic route. Maybe I will reach a point where I will have an obvious choice between the two. There will definitely be no pictures until something has worked.
vk3ckc

What type of plywood did you try and use ?

For the rear part , I will be building first , I have some really bad 4mm plywood 2 x 0.5mm veneers over a very soft 3 mm core so it will be heavy and difficult to get to curve.

However this is only a prototype to see what works and whether I find it usable so the rear will be flat plates only.

The front is a different challenge ? however I do have a Screamer fairing as well which will be quicker to fit than building the wooden front.

regards Paul

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
vk3ckc

What type of plywood did you try and use ?
regards Paul
I don't know the type, but it was 3-ply, quite good quality, and was 7mm total thickness. The weight wasn't just the body, it was that plus all the other bits and pieces that filled in and around the trike frame, etc. I eventually decided to ditch the idea and start building eLecTricks, recently starting from scratch and incorporating some modifications to the original intention.

I don't know the type, but it was 3-ply, quite good quality, and was 7mm total thickness.
I think 7mm would have been adequate if it was also the frame , replacing the steel trike frame where possible.
As just a body for a pedal device probably overkill , however you used what was easily/cheaply available and I am trying the same.....
As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating ?

Hi Has anyone tried making a body out of chicken wire then fiberglass bondo over the chicken wire to smooth it out?

Hi Has anyone tried making a body out of chicken wire then fiberglass bondo over the chicken wire to smooth it out?
Unlikely , rather hard to get a symmetrical shape I expect and it will probably end up very heavy with Bondo.

However we always like to see new ideas ? and be proved wrong ! so go to it....

Another way would be similar to a 2 person kayak I had built many years ago. For that the frame was built then I went to a spray foam business that's only a few km's from home. Talking to them I found a small part of their business was scenery for movie set's and play's. The movie people would fashion a rough shape, take it to them to be sprayed in foam and then when it dried they would carve it into what they wanted and paint it. For the kayak I took a completed frame in with the interior space where the paddlers sat blocked off with cardboard. A day later I picked up a 15 foot long block of foam covered kayak frame which then was placed on stands and shaved into the shape I desired. The final shape was then fibreglassed. Since I always overbuild it was fairly heavy but it was very nice to paddle and extremely durable. Foam could be used to make either an inside or outside mold to obtain the shape needed. The hardware needed to fasten say a nose fairing can be glassed in to the nose and if kept fairly thin should not be too heavy. Just another option.