been on the DL list planning new projects

Had some heart replumbing (unaware I had an issue), quad bypass and really struggling to get back in the shop.
My plans at this point is to complete my wife's trike complete with SOF body, finish the two "senior tadpole trikes" and complete the second street fox with disc brakes. Thinking of methods to jazz it up to make itasire to sell. Plan to add rear hub drive and maybe a futuistic "star wars body??.

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. Sorry to hear of your heart issue.
Glad you are on the mend.

Take it slooow, my friend.

Get the 'quad bypass' project completed first.
" really struggling to get back in the shop"

Ambitious, under the circumstances.

1st project ..... complete my wife's trike
2nd project .... finish 1st of two "senior tadpole trikes"
3rd project ..... finish 2nd of two "senior tadpole trikes"
4th project ..... complete the second street fox

I wish you a strong and speedy recovery.

Wow! Mr.Idaho, you take care of yourself first & foremost. Projects will still be waiting for you when you are match-fit.
Best Wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Kudos to you, for pushing ahead in spite of serious issues!
You sir, are an inspiration & a credit to the community! Best wishes!

i seeing what is available for a fat trike.
Looked at the CAT TRIKE, both the V3 AND THE CXT. one has 3-26 inch wheels while the other has 20 inch in front which I really like BUT locating a 20 inch 36H fat wheel is no where to be found utilizing a 3/4" /20mm axle. 20 inch have 32H.
CAT TRIKE uses 15mm axle on the 20 inch (not to secure with a fat tire? imo) or 3/4" hollow aluminium axle for the 26 inch wheel.
My goal is to build trike THAT IS mean LOOKING. thinking OF A MILITARY THEME with cartridges( AMMO) for pedals.LED headlight, red/blue map reading lights, a roll bar, a bivwack cover etc. Thinking of calling it THE RECON LIZARD.
have a belly pan made of expanded metal under the seat for storage. Could be used for hunting?
May just go with 26 inch wheels for the ground clearance?
May be rushing it a bit to have it completed by July 1st but doable. Hopefully taking it camping in Oregon and sell it. Of coarse will take my present TERROR TRIKE with mid drive. why THE TERROR TRIKE? When I first got it on the road I was not prepared for the toqure the mid drive puts out in low gear much less the speed. It will burn rubber on blacktop for bout 3 feet in low gear. Presently I canablized the rear derailer to ONLY stay in 2nd gear Trike is street legal now. It was capable of 14mph in low and 38mph in high gear.

I forgot to include the expensive part--two separate battery packs I call my "THERE AND BACK BATTERY PACK"
go out on a trail and you know you have enough battery juice to get back home.
The consule displays the battery available power. Battery getting low, just switch over to second battery.
A single display showing both batteries and which battery is in use. Included on display board are buttons to turn on lights etc.
Now to locate a schematic to build a bike computer. Yes they are cheap enough but just one is all that is nessary with one blue lcd display (I have 20 o them buggers).
all functions using solid state switching devices to eliminate massive wire nests.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I have used this system, and it works very well..

Brad

I forgot to include the expensive part--two separate battery packs I call my "THERE AND BACK BATTERY PACK"
go out on a trail and you know you have enough battery juice to get back home.
The consule displays the battery available power. Battery getting low, just switch over to second battery.
A single display showing both batteries and which battery is in use. Included on display board are buttons to turn on lights etc.
Now to locate a schematic to build a bike computer. Yes they are cheap enough but just one is all that is nessary with one blue lcd display (I have 20 o them buggers).
all functions using solid state switching devices to eliminate massive wire nests.

one issue I have Brad, I want the display, all 9 switches and LEDs in one enclosure.
Thus the DIY route. the display can be programmed to show condition
of both batteries along with RED, YELLOW, GREEN LEDs to indicate battery life.
I have the ability to design and build display as well as offer circuit boards if it works out as planned.
One function I am considering is displaying feet per minute and maybe a GPS but that might be to ambitious A clock is under consideration but cost is a consideration as well..
The KISS method has worked well in the past.