This is what two cans of paint looks like so far. I'm out of time for today, but tomorrow I'll finish it off. I have a can of white paint I'm going to do the front part in. Either that or I'll go buy some more orange paint.
I went to the hardware store to get more of the "Rustic Orange" flat orange paint and... gone! No such thing anymore. I guess I should have purchased more at the time. Oh well. I finished it off in white, tried a two-tone thing there, it worked kinda, but my masking job on the starboard side wasn't as good.
Also terrible was the lighting! It looks better than this in real life. Mostly lol.
I got the jack shaft and tie rod painted white, and the stem is another color which I'll reveal later.
Yes, the photos look quite different. They look better This thing will look fine going down the road, I just hope nobody examines it too closely! It's definitely not perfect. But then again that's the beauty. Imperfect is attainable by anyone, even chuckleheads like me!
More progress. I used this stuff called STEEL-IT which is a rust inhibiting paint that contains actual flecks of steel. Neat stuff. I ran out of it rather quickly, since it was only a sample can. I used grey spray paint to finish off whatever else was needed. I also need to paint the bottom bracket assembly as I somehow forgot all about that! It too will be grey. Here's how she sits at the moment:
You can see the over spray pretty well, but oh well. if I had more of that paint I'd touch it up, but that paint is long gone, and I'm not going to paint the whole thing again just to fix that little spot. Maybe I'll mask it off and paint it grey and then tell people its on purpose for some stupid reason lol.
It's amazing how DIY projects come together so quickly in those few days we have to spare.
Sometimes my works in progress sit for half a year and then get completed in one free afternoon!