Aurora seat angle details?

I was noticing in the plans that the seat base and seat back are at 45 degrees to each other. At first glance, it seems like the rider would have a tendency to slide forward on the seat base, but the whole main tube is slightly higher in the front - I can't tell how much from the plans, but does this give you some help with staying in place? Does anyone know what the main frame tube angle is compared to the horizon (zero degrees horizontal reference?

Brads original seats are basic. Everybody with a modicum of common sense and tools can make'm. That is the essence.
If it doesn't do the job like you want it, adapt.

On the other hand, most commercial trikes use bucket or mesh seats with fixed angles between seat and back support and adjustments in total angle and position to the frame.
I didn't adjust my mesh seat on the commercial trike I ride in over a year now. I'll measure the angles later today. Maybe that gives another way to look at it.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if I'm going to make my seat a one piece or make the seat hinged from the back. I think that you need to have the seat angled a little up to keep from sliding out. But I'm not sure if I want to be laid back at 45 degrees.

On most of my machines I've aimed for around 45 degrees purely by eye. It's not crucial but I wouldn't want to get too far further upright than that.

The angles on my mesh seat. Bike perfectly horizontal.
18° up front, length 11", angling up 37°, with an easy curve, length 15", then steeper 52° for 8"
Maddox- Thanks for the measurements! I will shoot for 18 degrees and 11 inches front to back for the seat base measurements. Any change from flat will make a BIG difference, and I will let you all know how that worked or if it needs more or less of an angle.

You might be describing a tadpole trike seat with that 37 degree angle and then 52 degrees for 8 inches - near the top?

Maddox-

From those angles, 18 plus 37 minus 180- it looks like your body is sitting in an included angle of 125 degrees. I think I read it somewhere that this angle is optimal. So thanks again!