As Popeye Said........ "I can't standz no more"

Update 18th June 2020:

Well today @ 09:10 AM the Skip arrived and by 4PM all of the old shed had met Mr. Chainsaw and all of the rubble from the foundation works plus all of the rubbish from my workshop was also placed in the skip.
I even dragged all the junk out of the workshop "rafters" to add to the mess.
Still plenty of room left in there, so I might even venture into my loft in the house proper and remove lots of the stuff all my kids left with us when they flew the nest.

Last edited:
Picture 2 with the trike ? is it a before or after picture ?

I'll get my coat....

Picture 2 with the trike ? is it a before or after picture ?

I'll get my coat....
Definitely after, you can see small areas of the floor ;-)

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
This new workspace has inspired me to think about my future. The segment of the old trailer I have been working in (the non leaky section) is only 8 foot square, ut I have done a lot in there, even that giant robot. I think a 10x10 shack would be perfect for so many things. Maybe next year since mine is soon to fully collapse.

Brad

This new workspace has inspired me to think about my future. The segment of the old trailer I have been working in (the non leaky section) is only 8 foot square, ut I have done a lot in there, even that giant robot. I think a 10x10 shack would be perfect for so many things. Maybe next year since mine is soon to fully collapse.

Brad
You know you want to. 🤪

DITTO, what Danny said.

I know you are so used to austere methods and conditions... but (there's always a but) from 'my' experience,
having built four sheds myself 10 x 10 will get small real quick. Unless you have a separate place for storing parts and your 'three tools'. :D
All four of my sheds are 10 x 12 because that's the largest the town allows without a permit.

Standard plywood sheets are 4 x 8. So for an inside dimension, I would highly recommend making it at least 10 x 12 or better 12 x 12.
The additional space allows for cabinets or shelving, leaving more of the middle portion for building things.

OK, that's my two cents. As always, we all will watch however your design unfolds....now there's an idea, a 'foldup work shed, on wheels no less.

And another two cents. It seems to me that the 'Porta Pen' idea would fit right into your need for a work shed, modified structurally for the purpose for which you intend. AND if there was another plan from it, . . . well $ ching $ $ ching $.

Last edited: