Another FWD Delta trike.

Another half-step forwards today.
This time with some attention to the expanding/shrinking elements of the rear swing-arm.
Here you see one wheel mounted on its half-shaft and the half-shaft pulled out from the outer sleeve and the pop-pin disengaged.
Clearly visible is the hole into which the pop-pin falls (under spring tension) when the half-shaft is inserted.
The track when fully inserted is 23.5" to the centre of the tyre.

Here you can se from a side/above view that the pop-pin is not fully home because it is sitting on the surface of the half-shaft and there is no hole for it to fall into in this position.

Here is a view (from above) of the half-shaft fully inserted and the pop-pin has fallen into the pre-drilled hole.

All I need to do now is determine what maximum track width I would like (up to 30") and any in-between gradations/options.

Last edited:
2 more pop-pin holes that widen the track from 23.5" to 29.5" were created.
That still leaves about 5.5" of half-shaft in the outer tube.
From the centreline of the frame to the centre of a tyre is 14 & 3/4 inches, so a track of 29 & 1/2".

It occured to me that the pop-pins could also be used to fix the seat-carrier in alternate positions. I may have a look at that as an option.

Last edited:
All I need to do now is determine what maximum track width I would like (up to 30") and any in-between gradations/options.
A brave boy to try track widths below 30" with that seat height .......

Paul

ps yes I know I said I may lock my tilting out and try it ........ hmmm why sprang to mind and I promptly dismissed the idea :LOL:

Last edited:
A brave boy to try track widths below 302 with that seat height .......

Paul

ps yes I know I said I may lock my tilting out and try it ........ hmmm why sprang to mind and I promptly dismissed the idea :LOL:
I'm sure it will be allriiiiiiiiiiiight.....Crump! ;)