Aircraft nut builds a velomobile ?

Hi all

Worth a look if you have not seen it ?

Part 1

Part 2

Not watched anymore of his videos yet :-

more videos

so that is how custom shells are made! no wonder they cost so much! so much work!
of course once you have the shell made , poping out more with carbon fiber or fiberglass is not that hard.
velomobiles are too expensive, and making them is too complicated!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
velomobiles are too expensive...
I must agree! They are WAY overpriced! 💰

Still... having wanted one since the early 80s, I'd fork
out the big bux for one if I could spare it. In a heartbeat!

In fact, I've been working on my "velo savings fund" for quite some time now, but only
have about 3k saved up so far, which is only about half the price of a used one, at best. :eek:

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Did that guy ever finish that build? I'd seen the two videos but last time I looked I couldn't find the completion.

Velomobiles will always be too expensive unless the manufacturers can change to mass production. At the moment they are hand made.

THANKS STORMBIRD
You stole my glory.
My next project, brewing in my head, was in the line with the video you linked to.
I'm not contemplating a velo, it's something different.
But using xps underfloor insulation boards, which I presume is similar to garage door insulation boards, and all surface primer paint.
Anyway now I know it's not totally crazy.

Hi Pegasus!
Don't get discouraged by a similarity to your project. Let us see your creation and how to overcome the difficulties in the process.
I'm interested!
Jeffstuff!

Hi Mr Idaho!
Trike frame was built by modifying AZ plan, my guess a Warrior to start. Some major diversion from Brad's original. Probably would have been better to follow the plan more closely. Very complex body construction too.
Jeffstuff!

Hi Sir Joey!
Finally! A chance to comment on your previous AZ projects.
You are a very talented, prolific, skilled builder! I'm in awe of your capabilities.
You want a Velo? You can build one! Do you still have the Trixter? Or the soon to be unveiled Marauder? Both would be a great frame for a purple velo.
How far away is your Aunt's carport? Maybe 'rent' the space with an occasional dinner out. Rig a tarp or two on adjacent sides to reduce wind blown debris.
You can do this! Good luck!
Jeffstuff!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Hi Sir Joey!
You are a very talented, prolific, skilled builder! I'm in awe of your capabilities.
You want a Velo? You can build one! Do you still have the Trixter?
Jeffstuff, although I appreciate it greatly, you are FAR too generous with your compliments & praise. Yeah, I've built nearly 2 dozen different
rides, but none are really anything special. It was just a hobby that got a little outta hand back in the day when I still had a workshop.
In fact, I'd still be doing it today if I still had a shop! There are still several more I'd like to build, but it's not likely it'll ever happen now.

As for a velo, I'm afraid that's a little outta my league. Besides, when it comes to a velo, I'd never be satisfied with anything that I
personally could actually build. I want something of much better quality, lighter weight, & better looking than anything I could produce,
even if it DOES mean 💰 💰 💰 !

And yes, I still have the Trixter. That little thing is still one of my favorites, although these days it's pretty much been
relegated to parade use. It's a lotta fun, but not real practical. Of everything I've built, it's one of only 6 that remain. :)